John Deere 2010 Hydraulics

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics #1  

Doyle670

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1900
I know this is beating a dead horse.....

But recently bought a john deere 2010, I know some of you say they are junk. Oh well, I bought it anyways.

It runs fantastic. Starts perfect and runs great.

The problem is, I can't lift heavier loads with the 3pt hitch.

So far i've changed the hydraulic fluid and and cleaned the screen. It will lift a few hundred pounds(300), but will not lift my pallets of firewood(650-700).

It has the dual rockshaft which I don't know alot about. It has 2 levers on the dash one for inner rockshaft arms and one for outer rockshaft arms. It then has a lever down by your left foot that is the rockshaft selector lever with '1' being the rear position and is for inner/outer arms to be used independently and '2' being the forward position and is for inner/outer amrs to be used together or parallel. The inner and outer arms are currently pinned to work parallel instead of independent.

Power steering works good.

I was able to lift the heavier loads for a few days by moving the rockshaft lever selector down by your left foot forward to the 2 position and using the inner rockshaft lever on the dash. But the 3 point doesn't seem to move at all if I use just the 3 point hitch lever(outer rockshaft arms). I was getting it to work by raising the inner rockshaft lever and moving the rockshaft selector lever by your feet to the '2' position. I know can't get it to lift anything over 300lbs at all.

I know its a long shot but thought maybe someone here would have some info.

As an added note, when the rockshaft selector lever(by your left foot) is in the rear '1' position the arms won't raise at all.

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics
And one last note, I've bought the operator's manual. Read it front to back a couple times...

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics #3  
I would not say theyre junk at all.
Im not a deere fan but they made a lot of useable machinery. I always seem to have some deere stuff.
Im hearing that you have a weak hyrdaulic pump.
Does it have a remote hydraulic plug or some other means of checking hydraulic pressure?

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics #4  
Good luck on a 2010 of any type or a diesel 1010. I bleed JD green and even I think they were JD's attempt to built a farmall.

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics #5  
Doyle670
Have you cleaned hyd filter(screen) with solvent and compressed air?? It's possible the relief valve or the rockshaft piston seals are faulty. Is the lever by your left foot parts key #28??

Attachments

• RWP5828________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5828________UN01JAN94.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 7,958
Yes I check the filter and cleaned it very well. I've changed the fluid twice just to be sure. #28 is the little rockshaft control lever that I must play with in order for it to lift anything. In fact, I don't even use the levers on the dash anymore. The inner and outer rockshaft levers on the dash I leave in the up position and then raise and lower the 3 point hitch arms with the #28 lever in the diagram. If I move the little lever forward I can raise the 3 point if I move it rearward it will lower the 3 point.

It's so disappointing because the tractor honestly runs better than any tractor i've ever had. It starts in the dead of winter and runs great. It will lift a load up to 500lbs but to lift my pallets of wood 700lbs, it just can't pick it up. This was the whole reason I got rid of the ford 1900. The ford 1900 could pick them up but the front tires wouldn't stay on the ground.

/ John Deere 2010 Hydraulics #7  
All # 28 was designed to do was to engage/disengage hyd pump for easier engine cranking in extreme cold weather. It wasn't designed to use as you are doing. The reason 3pt goes down when you disengage pump is that the rockshaft system has a "BIG INTERNAL LEAK" which also attributes to very low lift capacity.

All # 28 was designed to do was to engage/disengage hyd pump for easier engine cranking in extreme cold weather. It wasn't designed to use as you are doing. The reason 3pt goes down when you disengage pump is that the rockshaft system has a "BIG INTERNAL LEAK" which also attributes to very low lift capacity.

I must have looked at the diagram wrong. I thought that was the lever that was up behind my left foot. I didn't realize #28 was the pump engage/disengage lever down below the clutch pedal.

I just don't have the time or money to work on this. I know when I bought it it was a risk but everything seemed to work. Needless to say, it's going to auction this week. I have to have something that works regardless of how great it runs.

Thanks for your time.