Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere Gator

Default Broken Glass Door

I have a 3320 Tractor with glass cab. Haven't driven in about 2 weeks and yesterday noticed the right hand glass door shattered into a million peices. I have ruled out being hit by bullet or rock. Has anyone had this to occur?

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Default Re: Broken Glass Door

I've heard of guys breaking the doors driving with them open and the bouncing of the tractor causes them to break.
    Real hot weather has caused truck topper windows to break.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Tempered glass is funny stuff. Strong as the dickens on the surface, but very prone to failure at the edges. Look for anything in the door frame that may have given undue force to the edges of the glass. Anything harder than rubber is suspect.

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Mahindra 8560

Quote Originally Posted by bhub View Post
    I have a 3320 Tractor with glass cab. Haven't driven in about 2 weeks and yesterday noticed the right hand glass door shattered into a million peices. I have ruled out being hit by bullet or rock. Has anyone had this to occur?
    Have a Mahindra 8560. A day after first delivery, while sitting in a closed barn, the right rear glass just shattered after it was started up. Several months later the driver side door glass blew out. No vandalism, rocks, bullets or other, 75% of glass outside of the tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We had it happen twice on our Case; left side both times and never figured out why.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Had it happen to this one. Backed into a tree, it put a very slight bend in the frame at the edge where the arrow is, but didn't break the glass, that is glued to the other side of the frame. About a month later after a cold night, I drove it out of the shop and parked it with the sun shinning on that side. The top half was closed. A couple of minutes later the glass shattered.

Broken Glass Door-p9290024-jpg

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by bhub View Post
    Has happened me twice so far, in a 5420. Once because the door was open, and the second time I was on the road and it was really windy and they have not fixed the door correctly because it didn't go into the closed position, it just swings open once in a while and the door swung open and hit a sign.

Tractor
    8560 Mahindra 4x4

On the 8560 was the problem ever corrected. I just bought a Mahindra 8560 and also having that problem.

Tractor
    Many

Have seen birds smash tractor windows .

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    Have seen birds smash tractor windows .
    As regards the Mahindra owners, I had a glass break on my 4510 but it was hit by a tree. The glass replacement cost was $139, not bad, the shipping was $309. Bad.
    Anything that can hit or flex the glass or put pressure on a small area could lead to breakage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast