Broken Glass Door

/ Broken Glass Door #1  

bhub

Tractor
John Deere Gator
I have a 3320 Tractor with glass cab. Haven't driven in about 2 weeks and yesterday noticed the right hand glass door shattered into a million peices. I have ruled out being hit by bullet or rock. Has anyone had this to occur?

/ Broken Glass Door #2  
I've heard of guys breaking the doors driving with them open and the bouncing of the tractor causes them to break.
Real hot weather has caused truck topper windows to break.

/ Broken Glass Door #3  
Tempered glass is funny stuff. Strong as the dickens on the surface, but very prone to failure at the edges. Look for anything in the door frame that may have given undue force to the edges of the glass. Anything harder than rubber is suspect.

Joe

/ Broken Glass Door #4  
I have a 3320 Tractor with glass cab. Haven't driven in about 2 weeks and yesterday noticed the right hand glass door shattered into a million peices. I have ruled out being hit by bullet or rock. Has anyone had this to occur?

Have a Mahindra 8560. A day after first delivery, while sitting in a closed barn, the right rear glass just shattered after it was started up. Several months later the driver side door glass blew out. No vandalism, rocks, bullets or other, 75% of glass outside of the tractor.

/ Broken Glass Door #5  
We had it happen twice on our Case; left side both times and never figured out why.

/ Broken Glass Door #6  
Had it happen to this one. Backed into a tree, it put a very slight bend in the frame at the edge where the arrow is, but didn't break the glass, that is glued to the other side of the frame. About a month later after a cold night, I drove it out of the shop and parked it with the sun shinning on that side. The top half was closed. A couple of minutes later the glass shattered.

P9290024.jpg

/ Broken Glass Door #7  

Has happened me twice so far, in a 5420. Once because the door was open, and the second time I was on the road and it was really windy and they have not fixed the door correctly because it didn't go into the closed position, it just swings open once in a while and the door swung open and hit a sign.:mad:

/ Broken Glass Door #8  
On the 8560 was the problem ever corrected. I just bought a Mahindra 8560 and also having that problem.

/ Broken Glass Door #9  
Have seen birds smash tractor windows .

/ Broken Glass Door #10  
Have seen birds smash tractor windows .

As regards the Mahindra owners, I had a glass break on my 4510 but it was hit by a tree. The glass replacement cost was $139, not bad, the shipping was $309. Bad.
Anything that can hit or flex the glass or put pressure on a small area could lead to breakage.