john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #1  

dmaxxx21

Tractor
john deere
we have a 6420 and the loader will only operate when it wants too and i get the message icv interlock switch, icv not functioning and i believe it had a code but i did not write it down, so does any one have any idea of what to do on this. Also the tractor has the electronic joystick for the loader.

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #2  
Most likely the microswitch in the joystick "flap" is bad. It is not a part that deere supplies. They only sell the complete joystick. They can however be replaced. There are switches available from electrical supply companies for a few dollars. The complete joystick is very pricey. The switch is soldered into the harness in the joystick. The Omron D2JW-01K11 should fit.

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning
Is it a hard part to get too and do i just take apart the joystick.thanks

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #4  
Most likely the microswitch in the joystick "flap" is bad. It is not a part that deere supplies. They only sell the complete joystick. They can however be replaced. There are switches available from electrical supply companies for a few dollars. The complete joystick is very pricey. The switch is soldered into the harness in the joystick. The Omron D2JW-01K11 should fit.

Hmmm.... I'd have to believe that that micro rocker switch is a pretty heavily used item! Something that you'd most expect to wear out... I've got a 4-way switch in my JD110TLB and a 2-way in my 5075M.

I do appreciate knowing that Deere doesn't stock that replacement part. And, I most definitely appreciate you providing info about Manufacturer and part # for a replacement.

Guessing that the part you listed is a 2-way, though. Any hope that I could find a replacement switch for the 110 if needed?

Thanks, again.

AKfish

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #5  
All those electronic controls may be nice to operate when units are new but I'm glad my ole 4255 is plain Jane "move the levers" to operate the hyd's & trans. It still going strong 22 yrs after it rolled off the assembly line.

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #6  
Is it a hard part to get too and do i just take apart the joystick.thanks

It isn't too hard to get to. The switch is in the base of the joystick knob.
If you remove the flap, you will see the actuator pin for the switch. If I recall correctly, there is a screw that is covered in epoxy you need to drill through to expose the screw.

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #7  
All those electronic controls may be nice to operate when units are new but I'm glad my ole 4255 is plain Jane "move the levers" to operate the hyd's & trans. It still going strong 22 yrs after it rolled off the assembly line.

Yep... that train of thought has rolled through my head many times! But, that warm cab and dry seat is worth the computer failure sometime down the road! And that 209 ft. lbs of torque.. ;)

AKfish

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #8  
My 4255 has a dry seat and cold AC.

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning
is it possible to wire in a toggle switch and just turn it on when operating the loader and turn it off when not in use?

/ john deere 6420 icv interlock switch,icv not functioning #10  
is it possible to wire in a toggle switch and just turn it on when operating the loader and turn it off when not in use?

Possible? probably. I wouldn't recommend it since it would be disabling a factory safety device. If you forget to turn it off, it would be possible to accidently operate the loader and cause personal injury or property damage.