5410 Transmission Problem

/ 5410 Transmission Problem #1  

covefarm

Tractor
JD 7400, 5410, Kubota B8200
My 5410 has 7,400 hours and a new Woods 6' FEL. I bought it from a dealer & am supposedly the second owner. The gasket at the split underneath the tractor between the front and rear of the tractor, approximately under the seat, deteriorated after 10 hours of loading chicken litter & had to be replaced invovling splitting the tractor. Then while driving fast in C range, it chewed up gear teeth in the transmission top shaft and the A range gear. Has anybody heard of 5410's having problems with loader work or faulty transmissions? Appreciate the help.

/ 5410 Transmission Problem #2  
That is the first I've heard but then again I only know of a handful with that many hours.

/ 5410 Transmission Problem
Gald to hear it. If they are notorious for trans problems, others would know. Hopefully not a sign of more trouble to come. Thanks.

/ 5410 Transmission Problem #4  
recon the trans fluid ran out and you ran the top of the transmission dry.

/ 5410 Transmission Problem #5  
If you have power reverser, make sure to stop the tractor with the brakes to a complete stop before putting into park. There have been some people who put it into park while the tractor is still moving and shear off the park pawl. $$$

/ 5410 Transmission Problem
I do use the brakes to stop before putting in park. I also let the tractor stop moving when shifting from forward or reverse before completing the shift into the opposite direction. Probably do not have too but I prefer to take it easy on the trans. The previous owner may not have. However, it chewed the teeth while I was operating the tractor at a fast travel speed and approximately 2000 rpms. The mechanic isn't sure why it did it. Thanks.