2011 jd 5105m differential lock

/ 2011 jd 5105m differential lock #1  

alrawluk

Tractor
2011 JD 5105M
how do you know when the diff lock is on , is there a dash light, i dont think mines working because it isnt hard to turn when i think i have it engaged ???

anyone let me know

/ 2011 jd 5105m differential lock #2  
All the M's have an electro-hydraulic differential lock - except possibly the 65M. I seem to recall that the EH 3pt hitch was not available on the 65M.. Nevertheless, I believe you should see an amber colored symbol in the instrument cluster when the floor button is engaged.

AKfish

/ 2011 jd 5105m differential lock #3  
All the M's have an electro-hydraulic differential lock - except possibly the 65M. I seem to recall that the EH 3pt hitch was not available on the 65M.. Nevertheless, I believe you should see an amber colored symbol in the instrument cluster when the floor button is engaged.

AKfish

Well... I plowed snow tonight for about 4 hours. Used the differential lock - stepped on that dimmer switch - and no light. The wheels were spinning on the snow and ice - both at once! But, no light or any indicator.

Gave you bad info -- have to look in the Owner's Manual.

AKfish

/ 2011 jd 5105m differential lock #4  
It should be very obvious that it is working when you steer, unless maybe you are on a sheet of ice with a puddle of oil over it. My guess is that if you don't think it's working, it probably isn't. Sorry I can't provide you with help troubleshooting. I am not familiar with the electronics of the new tractors off the top of my head. My tractor is still almost exclusively mechanical.

/ 2011 jd 5105m differential lock #5  
I couldn't find anything in the manual about an indicator light. I guess if both rear tires spin you're in. I did see something about tapping one brake after you're out to make sure that it unlocked.