Tractor
    2011 5085 M

Default 5085 M power reverser plus

Hello All I have a problem with the hi lo split of the forward gears, tractor is in low range and will not toggle up to hi range in any gear. Pretty sure its electrical as worked fine then just stopped. I can not figure which fuse is for hi lo split. Also not sure if any codes are present as not sure how to make it display codes? Thanks

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110

Default Re: 5085 M power reverser plus

jandp
    to TBN

Hang tight, and help will be along. Other's may know right off, but I cannot help. Sorry...
    A good investment, IMO, is getting a copy of the service tech manual for your 5085.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7060

Quote Originally Posted by jandp View Post
    Hello All I have a problem with the hi lo split of the forward gears, tractor is in low range and will not toggle up to hi range in any gear. Pretty sure its electrical as worked fine then just stopped. I can not figure which fuse is for hi lo split. Also not sure if any codes are present as not sure how to make it display codes? Thanks
    I have an m but not the 24 speed. Typically I would suspect the solenoid that does the shift, wherever it may be. See if power gets there then work backwards.

Veteran Member

The solenoids for high and low are behind the cab on top of the transmission case. There is a valve body just in front of the rockshaft. On the left side of the valve body are 4 solenoids. The 2 toward the front operate the hi-lo. There are no fuses in the circuit. The switch sends voltage to the transmission control unit and then the controller sends voltage to the appropriate solenoid. Be sure to check the k24 relay, it is in the high circuit.

Tractor
    2011 5085 M

Thank you everyone, I have been checking wires seems the hi low switch is ok, but i don't have power on the red wire going to the switch, changed the k24 relay,I am thinking that i have a broken wire between the fuse block and the switch. I am thinking the red wire should have power when the controler is in forward??

Tractor
    2011 5085 M

Ok, so found that the red wire is broken down inside the inner fender,anyone know how to get the right plastic inner fender out thanks.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Would it be easier to pull in a new wire with the older one? Might be easier than removing the inner fender.