Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Default Deere manual quesiton regarding tire settings

I just purchased a 2012 6330 and when looking on line at the Deere page regarding "features", it has a subfile on tire settings. My tractor has two position rack and pinion. On the chart it give a minimum and maximum width setting. I assume those measurements are from center to center on the tractor tire rather than from outside to outside. Is that correct?

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Default Re: Deere manual quesiton regarding tire settings

Back when I PDI tractors for a JD dealer wheel tread settings were center to center.

Cool Re: Deere manual quesiton regarding tire settings

My hard copy owners manual has charts which all have in the title block "centerline to centerline". Remember now we need pictures of that new tractor or it didn't happen.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

I'm not sure exactly what it means but a tape measure could solve your question pretty quickly. I have the Disc hubs and the ears on the inside of the rim. Based on the configuration it tells you the tread setting in your manual.
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR),

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    '95 CR 500
    FIL-JD 4020; Ford 9600,5000

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by hotchkiss View Post
    I just purchased a 2012 6330 and when looking on line at the Deere page regarding "features", it has a subfile on tire settings. My tractor has two position rack and pinion. On the chart it give a minimum and maximum width setting. I assume those measurements are from center to center on the tractor tire rather than from outside to outside. Is that correct?
    YES! it is correct
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    My hard copy owners manual has charts which all have in the title block "centerline to centerline". Remember now we need pictures of that new tractor or it didn't happen.
    That is fair, but it isn't being delivered until the end of the month.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what it means but a tape measure could solve your question pretty quickly. I have the Disc hubs and the ears on the inside of the rim. Based on the configuration it tells you the tread setting in your manual.
    Agreed, I don't have the tractor or the manual yet. They were out of loaders and they will not deliver it until the end of the month. I am trying to figure out how I want it set up.

While you wait ,and that part seems to take forever and a day, you can look up both the tractor's manual on line and the manual for the loader you ordered. Ballast requirements are there as well as tread width recommendations. The short answer is to have the rears set at the widest width for stability and and wheel weights or liquid filled plus have weight on the 3PH when doing any heavy loader work. I read somewhere that having the fronts set out to the widest width was not recommended for my 5045E but I can't find that referance now. Anyway I had them set at one position less then max which lines them up with the outside of the standard bucket. Your 6330 is of course in a whole different class and what is recommended for it is probably different. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when you get it.

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

[QUOTE=vtsnowedin;3191086]While you wait ,and that part seems to take forever and a day, you can look up both the tractor's manual on line I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when you get it.[/QUOTE

The short answer is to have the rears set at the widest width for stability

I disagree that the tires should be set at the widest setting because that puts undue strain on the axles.
    If manuals are available on line I'd think pictures also would be available on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    If manuals are available on line I'd think pictures also would be available on line.
    Not the same as having pictures of YOUR new tractor sitting in your yard with a family member smiling in the seat. We like to see the options you picked out and how it all came together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast