Deere 5520 transmission problems

/ Deere 5520 transmission problems #1  

bmcheek680

Tractor
970 case 4440 john deere 4030 john deere 180 allis chalmers wc allis chalmers A john deere Farmall H 31 massey furguson
I'm working on a John Deere 5520 and the transmission is slipping. I thought that it could be the filter clogged so I changed it and the fluid and that did not help it. Could the hydraulic pump be out? On my 4030 John Deere the transmission pump went out but I lost all hydraulics and on this 5520 everything works great except the transmission. Anyone had this problem?? Thanks for the help

/ Deere 5520 transmission problems #2  
You did not say what transmission or how many hours, but have you adjusted the clutch? If there is not the correct free play it will slip. I have included a URL to the operators manual on how to do this.

Lets hope it is just this and not the clutch going.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE199128_19/?tM=FR

/ Deere 5520 transmission problems
I have not yet tried adjusting it yet but I will do that first thing in the morning. Thanks I appreciate the help.

/ Deere 5520 transmission problems #5  
5520's don't have a true Powershift trans. It could have a PowrReverser though.

its got a syncshuttle

/ Deere 5520 transmission problems #8  
Only thing that can be slipping on a syncshuttle is the traction clutch. You need to read JD5210's link

thanks for the help. Its fixed now. the problem was the clutch pedal adjustment was to tight.