Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,

Default 6330 lower link arm operation question

I just got a new 6330 and yes I know I need to post photos to prove it at some point. For now, bear with me please. I was looking through the manual and the options for draft control, the settings, etc. are numerous to to say the least. Can someone give me brief tutorial on what really works for you. For me, I generally need to raise the links and lower them. I do know I can control the speed at which the arms raise and lower. Other than that, what features are really of benefit. The manual talks about locking the arms to prevent pitching when transporting attachments.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    green

Keep the draft links bunjee corded together when not hooked on to an implement. Having them swinging around can damage your tires or the load Sensor that operates the draft control. I use it when plowing sometimes but not always. Otherwise you have a rate of drop dial and a height control dial to the rear of the control. Use the rate of drop to keep implements from crashing down. I don't really use height control except for w a big long 3 pt harrow w baskets. I keep it as close to the ground as practical in case I pop a wheelie on steep headlands. Or at least ill set it like that when training new operators. Best of luck. Great tractor.
    *JD 5085M *JD 6110 w 640 loader *JD 6330 *AC F2 Gleaner *Ford 7.3 Powerstroke x 4