John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!!

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #11  
If you have a deere construction equip dealer nearby, they will print you whatever pages you need for testing hyd charge pressure and main pump pressure. These test will be very helpful in diagnosing your problems but im still thinking your main clutch has failed

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #12  
The dry clutch and the forward wet clutch can be accessed from the same split at bell housing. The transmission pump and wet reverse clutch need to be accessed from the split between the clutch housing and transmission.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!!
Hey guys,

Well, since I stared this thread, we took the machine to a shop and had the engine, dry clutch, power steering pump, and radiator replaced. Engine cranks and runs great, hydraulics are good and strong, but the machine will still barely pull itself. It has about two gears that it will pull itself in. It does seem to work fine in reverse, just not forward.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Wet clutch pack? Hydraulic pump? I'm guessing it's going to take breaking the machine apart again to fix it, right?

Also, filters are new and we cleaned the transmission sump screen.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #14  
Sounds like the forward wet clutch pack is slipping. The disks may not be worn out, but seals definitely need renewing. Parts 2, 7, and 9 are the seals. Part #1 is a sleeve the sometimes gets worn from seals #2, so pay close attention to that.

Attachments

• TP48861________UN02NOV95.gif
    TP48861________UN02NOV95.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 6,890
   / John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #15  
I agree check forward clutch, since reverse is OK

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #16  
Hey guys,

Well, since I stared this thread, we took the machine to a shop and had the engine, dry clutch, power steering pump, and radiator replaced. Engine cranks and runs great, hydraulics are good and strong, but the machine will still barely pull itself. It has about two gears that it will pull itself in. It does seem to work fine in reverse, just not forward.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Wet clutch pack? Hydraulic pump? I'm guessing it's going to take breaking the machine apart again to fix it, right?

Also, filters are new and we cleaned the transmission sump screen.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Have you been able to resolve your problems on the JD410? If not please respond and I will give you a few tips that may assist without splitting the tractor.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #17  
I need a wiring diagram for a John Deere 410-B backhoe. The wiring in this backhoe has been tampered with so much that they aren't hooked up properly. The meters don't work and the lights aren't hooked up. Wires are dangling everywhere on this tractor.
The backhoe starter turns over the engine like it has a dead battery. The batteries are new. I think it might be the solenoid or the ignition switch. I need to know what it could be so I can repair it. Thank You!

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #18  
If battery ground cable is attached to battery box relocate cable to starter mounting bolt. Sorry but I can't help you with wiring diagram.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #19  
Some one did a post on replacing the O rings in the forward clutch pack. It top gear at fast idle (1000 RPM?) when you move shuttle to go forward or backwards it should kill the engine. Our 310B is OK cold but after working it hard it will slip going forward especially in high range which is not a real issue since we just use in around the place most of the time. Racing the engine for 1 second and letting off the fuel will let the front pack clutch lock up in our case. One must NOT operate it if the clutch pack will not lock up. I had to back ours to the house when we first got it but after a couple fluid and filter changes we got most of the water out of it and it did better. I have found adding a gallon of Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster from time to time helps some all way around.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #20  
$350 service manual?
The tractor is old and has been thrashed or trashed from one end to the other . Cheaper to cut your losses and sell it .