John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!!

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #21  
Hey guys,

Well, since I stared this thread, we took the machine to a shop and had the engine, dry clutch, power steering pump, and radiator replaced. Engine cranks and runs great, hydraulics are good and strong, but the machine will still barely pull itself. It has about two gears that it will pull itself in. It does seem to work fine in reverse, just not forward.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Wet clutch pack? Hydraulic pump? I'm guessing it's going to take breaking the machine apart again to fix it, right?

Also, filters are new and we cleaned the transmission sump screen.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.

Power steering pump ?

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #22  
Does the starter need to come off when splitting the JD 410B?

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #23  
   / John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #26  
Does it split at the back of the bell housing or the back of the engine?

It depends on why you splitting. It can be split either side of the clutch housing. Clutch housing = bell housing

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #27  
I am splitting to put a new seal between the engine and clutch housing. The top of the engine and clutch housing are holding tight. I have all the mounting bolts removed, but only the bottom of the engine will separate about half an inch. Any ideas?

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #28  
Unless you missed a bolt it sounds like it binding due to one or both halves needing to be jacked up a little more at the split point.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #29  
There are 2 bolts under the battery(s). They are 3/8" bolts. Need a 9/16" socket and they go straight down through the battery support structure into the plate on rear of engine.

/ John Deere 410 backhoe, have to split in two, need help please!! #30  
There are 2 bolts under the battery(s). They are 3/8" bolts. Need a 9/16" socket and they go straight down through the battery support structure into the plate on rear of engine.

Good to know^^^
Curious what is your favorite tractor? I see you are coming up on forty years experience wrenching on Deere tractors.