2653 reel problems

/ 2653 reel problems #1  

bobloewen

Tractor
I have two older 2653's,on the one when I try to engage the reels the motor bogs out and dies,the reel motors are fine and the selanoid is fine,the only thing that works is the backlap,thanks,bob.

/ 2653 reel problems #2  
I have two older 2653's,on the one when I try to engage the reels the motor bogs out and dies,the reel motors are fine and the selanoid is fine,the only thing that works is the backlap,thanks,bob.

Hi There

Please can you let me know how you fixed your problem, I have a similar one, I can raise and lower the cutters, but as soon as I disengage the brake, or engage the cutters the motor dies. The problem started after I ran over an old piece of steel

Thanks

/ 2653 reel problems #3  
:welcome: to TBN
bob just made the single post about 5 years ago. And posted it under Ag tractors, not under lawn and garden, as well didn't tag "reel" with it being a reel-type mower.. sold through the golf Deere line.
So hope you can track down your 'start' problem.

Sounds like you have a safety switch keeping you from running.. check out all the safety switches to see if some wire was pulled loose.

Are you maintaining a golf course? Do you have the service tech manual?

/ 2653 reel problems #4  
:welcome: to TBN
bob just made the single post about 5 years ago. And posted it under Ag tractors, not under lawn and garden, as well didn't tag "reel" with it being a reel-type mower.. sold through the golf Deere line.
So hope you can track down your 'start' problem.

Sounds like you have a safety switch keeping you from running.. check out all the safety switches to see if some wire was pulled loose.

Are you maintaining a golf course? Do you have the service tech manual?

Thanks for the input, really appreciated! We have a pretty large garden, got it for a steal from a cricket club many years ago - its been brilliant, and a real time saver. I have been through the manual and I have checked all the obvious - I also have a parts catalogue so will go through carefully to see what safely switches there are..

I have now ruled out the seat switch, but yes I知 thinking it must be a control issue due to the fact that the instruments lights have gone dim and it will only start with the aid of a huge battery.

/ 2653 reel problems #5  
I have found the Tech Manual for sale as a PDF, happy to pay $40 for this if it will help, do you know how good they are for this sort of thing, or are they just a re formatted version of the operators manual / parts listing

Cain

/ 2653 reel problems #6  
I have found the Tech Manual for sale as a PDF, happy to pay $40 for this if it will help, do you know how good they are for this sort of thing, or are they just a re formatted version of the operators manual / parts listing

Cain

WAY better than an operator's manual or a parts catalog.

/ 2653 reel problems #7  
A MOD should move this to Lawn & Garden Tractors

/ 2653 reel problems #8  
I have a problem with this style of posting.
What in the he-l is a 2653 reel ?

Is this a fishing reel? a logging reel?

Please include mfg, i.e. Deere, Toyota, Ford or what ever.

Hey my HD 180 D needs a tune up and spare tires, please help.
Now is that comprehensive? perhaps there is a little something missing, don't U think.

Hope I did not offend a poster but simply trying to help the TBN network.

OH. saw that this should have been moved to Lawn and Garden.
Shucks this might have been house moving or heavy equipment.

PLEASE study the discussion groups and select accordingly with ALL details, and that includes your location.