John Deere 2040 Brake parts

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #1  

farmallbill

Bronze Member
Tractor
farmall m, Allis Chalmers WD x2, Husky 390XP, Husky 455 Rancher
Have a John Deere 2040 that needs brake disc, hardware and misc parts, just wondering what is the best place to get parts? Is there any good aftermarket parts places or are we better to go through John Deere. Please let me know. thanks

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #2  
To get correct info one would need tractor serial #. I just picked one out. First number is JD,2nd number is A&I owned by JD but has some independent dealers.
AL38234 DISK WITH INNER SPLINE ADD 110.00 USD
A-AL38234 BRAKE PLATE ADD 87.42 USD

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #3  
I guess I'm biased since I've worked for a dealer so long. I always feel you are best to stay with factory parts. You can trust the quality to be the best. If you want to save a few dollars, A&I is a good alternative. These can be gotten from your Deere dealer also.

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #4  
jd110
Several years ago I would have agreed with you but not today. One example I've seen lately where JD's parts quality isn't up to par is on instrument gauges for tractors. Since JD bought A&I I've wondered if the parts difference between A&I & JD parts is just packaging/labels??? I think JD outsources a larger percentage of their parts than they did in yrs past.

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts
thanks for the info,

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #6  
jd110
Several years ago I would have agreed with you but not today. One example I've seen lately where JD's parts quality isn't up to par is on instrument gauges for tractors. Since JD bought A&I I've wondered if the parts difference between A&I & JD parts is just packaging/labels??? I think JD outsources a larger percentage of their parts than they did in yrs past.

A&I have a web address? Or some way to either 1.) look at prices and inventory 2.) cross reference JD part listing's and A&I stuff?

Thanks.

AKfish

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #7  
On JDparts.com if one want to check price &/or availability on a part just insert an"A-" in front of the part number. I Googled A&I and here's one of the many A&I dealers A&I Products.
Example:

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #8  
On JDparts.com if one want to check price &/or availability on a part just insert an"A-" in front of the part number. I Googled A&I and here's one of the many A&I dealers A&I Products.
Example:

Thanks, good to know

/ John Deere 2040 Brake parts #9  
Example:

Appreciate the information - and a possible new source for parts! :thumbsup:

AKfish