Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    I never drove anything larger then a kirshman spray coop. It was high tech back then. It was VW powered.
    That thing looks like a John boat and a go-cart crashed into a pile of scaffolding!

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Yup. Sprayer. A neighboring farmer here has one. Its pretty high off the ground. I've approached it a couple of times on my bike going the opposite direction on the road. I'm pretty sure I could ride under it if I ducked.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for

Quote Originally Posted by Lightnsound View Post
    Yup. Sprayer. A neighboring farmer here has one. Its pretty high off the ground. I've approached it a couple of times on my bike going the opposite direction on the road. I'm pretty sure I could ride under it if I ducked.
    Don't. Wouldn't want to see you in an article like this one: Driver charged after 5 Amish farmers killed in crash - USATODAY.com

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    That thing looks like a John boat and a go-cart crashed into a pile of scaffolding!
    The image is of an early model similar to what I used and in its condition your description is reasonable. When they were new people watching them work said they looked somewhat like an airplane. They were a light weight fairly high speed concept in spraying which was new at the time.

They included a tow hitch which allowed the coupe to be pulled with a service pickup or a water truck. A driver and a flag man could cover a lot of acres in day compared to the contemporary sprayers. As far as I know the only thing faster was an airplane.

The spra coupe is alive and well*
    Attachment 313808
    -capture-jpg

The lineage is interesting.
    The spra coupe was first built by Kershman
    Kershman was purchased by Melrow
    Melrow was purchased by Bob Cat
    Bob cat sold the spra coupe right to "Agco Willmar Spra Coupe" which now goes by Agco
    Agco builds modern sprayers similar to the one that started this thread.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

We had one on our farm but it wasn't near as fancy as that one. NO cab and you sat in between two 150 gallon water tanks. It was powered by a Ford engine, with a 4 speed gear box, automobile rear end and chain drive to the rear wheels. THe boom covered 40 feet and each side folded up hydraulically. It had break away type joints that you couldn't tighten enough to keep them from folding back so I ended up welding the joint solid. We used it to apply pre-emergence and post emergence herbicide, and insecticide for the cotton crops. We also used it with the 2-4D wax bars that were tied on to the boom and dragged over tall growing plants like coffee bean plants, ragweed, redweed etc. This allowed using a herbicide that would kill both the good plants and bad ones but since weeds always outgrow the plants the bar is set above the crops and then it just wipes on a killing dose of weed killer. I don't even know if they make the wax bars anymore.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Lot's of them around here. Now visualize several of them travelling down a narrow country road or maybe humming along a 60 or 65 MPH road that is narrow to begin with. Really a pucker factor.

Can anyone guess the price of one of these spray rigs? Clue--it's in multiples of $100,000.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Had one at our farm last week and the driver knocked our mailbox set in concrete over with it as the operator was somewhat new.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro, JD 322

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Lot's of them around here. Now visualize several of them travelling down a narrow country road or maybe humming along a 60 or 65 MPH road that is narrow to begin with. Really a pucker factor.

Can anyone guess the price of one of these spray rigs? Clue--it's in multiples of $100,000.
    My guess is $240,000. They are used in Iowa to spray row crops.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

They use them a lot around here to spray Roundup on corn and soybeans.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    Ford 1100

Seriously. Roundup on corn & soybeans? What are they growing that they want to kill the corn & soybeans with Roundup?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast