ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #11  
I never drove anything larger then a kirshman spray coop. It was high tech back then. It was VW powered.

That thing looks like a John boat and a go-cart crashed into a pile of scaffolding!

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #12  
Yup. Sprayer. A neighboring farmer here has one. Its pretty high off the ground. I've approached it a couple of times on my bike going the opposite direction on the road. I'm pretty sure I could ride under it if I ducked.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #13  
   / ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #14  
That thing looks like a John boat and a go-cart crashed into a pile of scaffolding!
The image is of an early model similar to what I used and in its condition your description is reasonable. When they were new people watching them work said they looked somewhat like an airplane. They were a light weight fairly high speed concept in spraying which was new at the time.

They included a tow hitch which allowed the coupe to be pulled with a service pickup or a water truck. A driver and a flag man could cover a lot of acres in day compared to the contemporary sprayers. As far as I know the only thing faster was an airplane.

The spra coupe is alive and well*
View attachment 313808
Capture.jpg

The lineage is interesting.
The spra coupe was first built by Kershman
Kershman was purchased by Melrow
Melrow was purchased by Bob Cat
Bob cat sold the spra coupe right to "Agco Willmar Spra Coupe" which now goes by Agco
Agco builds modern sprayers similar to the one that started this thread.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #15  
We had one on our farm but it wasn't near as fancy as that one. NO cab and you sat in between two 150 gallon water tanks. It was powered by a Ford engine, with a 4 speed gear box, automobile rear end and chain drive to the rear wheels. THe boom covered 40 feet and each side folded up hydraulically. It had break away type joints that you couldn't tighten enough to keep them from folding back so I ended up welding the joint solid. We used it to apply pre-emergence and post emergence herbicide, and insecticide for the cotton crops. We also used it with the 2-4D wax bars that were tied on to the boom and dragged over tall growing plants like coffee bean plants, ragweed, redweed etc. This allowed using a herbicide that would kill both the good plants and bad ones but since weeds always outgrow the plants the bar is set above the crops and then it just wipes on a killing dose of weed killer. I don't even know if they make the wax bars anymore.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #16  
Lot's of them around here. Now visualize several of them travelling down a narrow country road or maybe humming along a 60 or 65 MPH road that is narrow to begin with. Really a pucker factor.

Can anyone guess the price of one of these spray rigs? Clue--it's in multiples of $100,000.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #17  
Had one at our farm last week and the driver knocked our mailbox set in concrete over with it as the operator was somewhat new.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #18  
Lot's of them around here. Now visualize several of them travelling down a narrow country road or maybe humming along a 60 or 65 MPH road that is narrow to begin with. Really a pucker factor.

Can anyone guess the price of one of these spray rigs? Clue--it's in multiples of $100,000.

My guess is $240,000. They are used in Iowa to spray row crops.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #19  
They use them a lot around here to spray Roundup on corn and soybeans.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #20  
Seriously. Roundup on corn & soybeans? What are they growing that they want to kill the corn & soybeans with Roundup?