ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #21  
Seriously. Roundup on corn & soybeans? What are they growing that they want to kill the corn & soybeans with Roundup?
Roundup ready corn/beans. Spray the roundup on and it kills the weeds, but not the crop.

Aaron Z

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #22  
Pretty sure what with GPS and computers they can adjust the rate of application on the go to meet specific field conditions. Used to drive a JD 6000 HiCycle with 60' boom in southern Louisiana.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #23  
My guess is $240,000. They are used in Iowa to spray row crops.

Saw a new one today that was more than $385,000. I think most new ones are in the $325,000 to $350,000 category.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #24  
Saw a new one today that was more than $385,000. I think most new ones are in the $325,000 to $350,000 category.

Goodness! I didn't think they cost that much. That's as much as a combine.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #25  
Seriously. Roundup on corn & soybeans? What are they growing that they want to kill the corn & soybeans with Roundup?

Theres such seeds that are roundup ready seed. So spraying roundup on them will not die.

Edit : Didn't see Aaron Z's post. Sorry

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #26  
Roundup ready corn/beans. Spray the roundup on and it kills the weeds, but not the crop.

Aaron Z

Get ready for an agricultural revolution because there already is Roundup Ready sweet corn on the market. It's apparently not widely available or with any seed other than commercial use but when this gets a toe-hold it will change the way all of us grow sweet corn. Imagine, a flowing field or patch of sweet corn with no weeds and no grass from the simple act of spraying Roundup over the crop? Just think of the labor savings and crop quality improvement.

http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/seminis-performance-series-sweet-corn.aspx

EDIT--Just started a thread on this...http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277373&p=3278936#post3278936

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #27  
And the lack of genetic diversity. Still I see the temptation but given that I am not farming I can afford to dislike the idea.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #28  
We have em up here too. Last year I followed one on the highway. The thing looked big enough to drive my corolla through.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #30  
Yep, it's a big, whompin' sprayer. Here's one on parade (Pioneer Days, Guymon OK, 2011)

JD sprayer-Guymon (Medium).JPG