ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #1  

kootch88

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46
I am guessing rice, but we don't have rice up here in Maine. Deere.jpg

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #3  
Spray rig. Can be used on any type crop. Used a lot in Mississippi Delta to spray cotton.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for
I've been on small family farms most of my life and I have never seen such a beast. Is it used primarily in the South on large dry farms?

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #5  
No they use up here too.

LOL You are in Ohio where you have huge farms. I'm in Maine where a big farm is a few hundred acres! Anyway, thanks again, you guys are amazing, ask a question and 30 seconds later you have an answer.

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #7  
Take a drive up to Aroostook County around Presque Isle and Mars Hill, they've got some pretty big farms (and tractors) up theyah.

Take a drive up to Aroostook County around Presque Isle and Mars Hill, they've got some pretty big farms (and tractors) up theyah.

Yep, good point. Lots of flat open land up there. Big moose too!

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #9  
They use them in NY as well. Spendy machines, but (from what I hear) they cant be beat for spraying crops that have grown fairly tall.

Aaron Z

/ ANyone know what this Strange Deere is used for #10  
Some time back they started building these big sprayers and you see them most everywhere. I never drove anything larger then a kirshman spray coop. It was high tech back then. It was VW powered.
23829-2.jpg