Replacement temp gauge for 1020

/ Replacement temp gauge for 1020 #1  

Blueflint

Tractor
Deere 1020
Ok...I have the 135 gas engine in my 1969 1020 all back together from it's in frame rebuild and fired it up today. Unfortunately when I was taking things apart I could not get the temp probe out of the head and had to cut the lead. Now I need to replace the gauge and lead assembly. it looks very close to the JDS785 sold by Steiner (sweep are is a different color), size looks to be the same as does the lead length. Will this work for me? Is the probe and line nut the correct size? Thanks, Tony

/ Replacement temp gauge for 1020 #2  
Look at "Stewart Warner Gauges"

/ Replacement temp gauge for 1020 #3  
Try Ebay they have a bunch of different style gauges, and many good used ones for John Deer as well as new.

/ Replacement temp gauge for 1020 #4  
JD's certainly proud of their gauge

Part Number: AT67693
Part Price: 142.87 USD
Description: GAUGE, COOLANT TEMPERATURE
Specification
Weight 0.44 LBS 0.20 Kg
Maximum Temperature (° F) 240.000
Minimum Temperature (° F) 100
Medium WATER
Connection 5
Size 2.030 IN
Size 0.00 IN
Length 28.000 IN
Bezel Color/Material BLACK
Dial Face ZONE
Thread Size 0.500 IN
Thread Type NPT
Finish

/ Replacement temp gauge for 1020 #5  
These have the little capillary tube inside of what appears to be a wire mesh inside a black plastic shell and if you cut it,it all has to be replaced,I found this out the hard way.Mechanic at John Deere dealership said to just cut it and splice it back together,either he didn't have a clue or he was drumming up business,I don't know.I do know I would try to buy one elsewhere than the dealership.I'm referring to part no.-AT67693