looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ?

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #1  

peabody

Bronze Member
hello..im looking to buy a 1990 jd2755 ..1800 hrs.. never had a loader on it...
i will just use it to pull a vermeer 5410 reble baler. and a 9 foot new holland 488 mo/co.
tractor looks good..low hrs.. clean...
he wants 22k for it..
do these older style cabs keep u cool in the hot ? and warm in winter
reliability ?
I'll prolly keep this tractor forever.. I'm only doing twenty acres alfalfa and 75 fescue..
thanks in advance.
peabody

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #2  
JD 55 series tractors were some of the best tractors JD put their logo on and therfore command good money. I would suggest to perform a test on all 3 fluids. Kits are available from your JD dealer. 1800 hrs sounds very low for a 90 model tractor. My '91 4255 has over 10,0000 hrs on it. Efficiency of AC is determined by how clean the radiator,condenser, evaporator and filter are maintained. Correct amt of Freon is also important.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ?
freon ...canyou even get that anymore ?
r34 I've heard ..is all you can get ..i dont know. ?

yes its a low hrs tractor.. but all he did with it the last ten to fifteen years was blade the driveway..then back into the barn.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #5  
freon ...canyou even get that anymore ?
r34 I've heard ..is all you can get ..i dont know. ?

yes its a low hrs tractor.. but all he did with it the last ten to fifteen years was blade the driveway..then back into the barn.

Most systems can easily be retrofitted to R134a.. a couple of fittings and pag refrig oil should do it... Apply vacuum, then charge system with pag 46 oil and R134a.. I think it's 80% of the R12 spec.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #6  
We had to 55 series tractors, a 50 series and still have 2 40 series tractors and you will have no trouble with heat or a/c on them. All of those we ever had would freeze you out in the summer and bake you in the winter if you wanted. May have to take the top off the cab when you get it and blow the dirt out of the evaporator when you get it if it's not been done for a while.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #7  
   / looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #8  
I had a 2355. Same tractor basically but natural aspirated instead of turbo and less horsepower.
They are **** for stout and heavy built utility tractor. Easy to work on. Parts were still pretty readily available from Deere.
Price I really can't help you with since it depends on the shape of the tractor and where you are at. For hay work I don't know if I would care for the standard 8 speed tranny on it so it would be a plus if it had the optional 16 speed.
Good luck.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #9  
It's the last series of the metal hood tractors. I have heard good things about a 2755. I have the smaller frame 2155 and like it.

/ looking to buy a used john deere 2755.. what is your opinions of this tractor ? #10  
They are hard to beat. I had 2355 MFWD and now have a 2550 MFWD cab model with a loader as well. Real nice tractor. Extremely reliable and will retain value very well. Will drag your baler anywhere you point it.
You won't be disappointed with it, and price seems fair as well. I'd offer 20k first tho ;)