Telescopic draft links problem

/ Telescopic draft links problem #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
Hello, I was hooking up my mower yesterday to move it. I got it hooked up with the draft links extended, my dealer said put the tractor in reverse and back up and the links will snap back into place. I did that but instead of moving into place it just pushed the mower back. It took a lot of grunting and pushing and pulling to get the arms back in and when they were back in the pin felt like it was jammed and wouldn't release to unhook. Does anyone else have this problem with their tractors? Is there anything I can do to make it easier (besides a quick hitch.) thank you.
Corey.

/ Telescopic draft links problem #2  
Sometimes it will help if you pull the pin out of one of the anti sway links. That allows for everything to move. ;)

/ Telescopic draft links problem
Sometimes it will help if you pull the pin out of one of the anti sway links. That allows for everything to move. ;)

I've tried it with one pin out and both pins out, it still ends up pushing the mower instead of locking it in place.

/ Telescopic draft links problem #4  
I have this issue every now and then. Usually it is because my top link is pushing the implement before the draft links can retract. If I shorten or disconnect the top link before backing up I have no problem.

I have this issue every now and then. Usually it is because my top link is pushing the implement before the draft links can retract. If I shorten or disconnect the top link before backing up I have no problem.

Tried that too (actually that was the first thing I tried.) backing up without the top link hooked up.

/ Telescopic draft links problem #7  
All of them I have used go back in really easy. Something is wrong, full of dirt, bent, something.. this is not normal operation.

James K0UA

I will check for dirt, if there is no dirt then I guess it will be a call to the dealer.

/ Telescopic draft links problem #9  
On our L3830 I usually just lift the 3 point and they drop into place. Sometimes I have to push the bushhog back and forth, but its not a big deal.

Aaron Z

/ Telescopic draft links problem #10  
I use an aerosol chain and gear lube on mine. I think it is lithium grease based. Usually all I have to do is lift the implement but sometimes they require shaking the implement side to side and the telescoping lift arms snap in place.