5E 3 point hitch upgrade?

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #1  

MattLynch

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 MF 5612
Anyone know of a hydraulic cylinder upgrade for a 5093 hitch? Factory or aftermarket. I have a Kuhn ga 4501 hay rake that my E can only lift about a foot off the ground. My old 65hp tractor could lift it no problem, but I sold it when I bought the 5093. The rake only weighs 1800lbs but the weight is fairly far back.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #2  
Anyone know of a hydraulic cylinder upgrade for a 5093 hitch? Factory or aftermarket. I have a Kuhn ga 4501 hay rake that my E can only lift about a foot off the ground. My old 65hp tractor could lift it no problem, but I sold it when I bought the 5093. The rake only weighs 1800lbs but the weight is fairly far back.

It shouldn't be a problem to be lifting only 1800#s Something must be wrong in the hydraulic area.

Does the tractor struggle when it is attempting to lift the rake up in the air or is it smooth.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #3  
x2^ with Edward. Something doesn't seem right... I haven't looked at the lift capabilities of the E limited series - but, if I had to guess - seems like it should be in the 3,800lb range at least. So, even if the load is extended way off the 3pt arms; you've probably got an additional ton of lift to work.

Might want to do some more checking.

AKfish

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade?
It lifts it about half way then the tractor hydraulics start making a bunch of noises and slowly stops lifting. I spent quite a bit of time checking to make sure nothing was binding etc, but it just won't lift it. The tractor does struggle to lift some of my impliments but this is the first one so far it won't lift, perhaps the tractor has a problem?

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #5  
Tractordata shows this:Rear lift (at 24"/610mm): 3,213 lbs [1457 kg] I think a relief valve is leaking on you tractor.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #6  
John Deere HEAVY DUTY HITCH KIT LVB25778

This is the kit listed for the 5M series. You would have to check with JD for fit on an E.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade?
Just talked to my dealer, I guess I'm not the only one looking for more lift on an E. Salesman said he has already tried to find a kit for another customer and nothing was availiable from Deere and no aftermarket kits made for this tractor. I guess I will have to make due for now.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #8  
It lifts it about half way then the tractor hydraulics start making a bunch of noises and slowly stops lifting. I spent quite a bit of time checking to make sure nothing was binding etc, but it just won't lift it. The tractor does struggle to lift some of my impliments but this is the first one so far it won't lift, perhaps the tractor has a problem?

You have enough hyd fluid? If you don't top it up. Could be that I'm guessing.

/ 5E 3 point hitch upgrade? #10  
Sounds like a relief valve. That E has plenty of cylinder to lift that much.