JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift??

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #1  

fatdaddyfarmer

Tractor
jd 6410
Any help on what to look for or how to repair would be greatly appreciated!!

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #2  
Bent gear rod, Bad syncros ?

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #3  
I would think that there are hyd ports to check pressures to aid in diagnostics.

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift??
Bent gear rod, Bad syncros ?

( Thanks JD6400NZ) The Quad range part of the transmission all four ranges A B C n D are working fine just 4th in the power shift portion of the transmission when in any of the 4 ranges is the problem. Also can the power shift part of this transmission be repaired or removed which ever might be needed in this case without splitting the tractor. Thanks again to all.

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #5  
I would think that there are hyd ports to check pressures to aid in diagnostics.

There are. Two, one for lube pressure and one for system pressure.

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #6  
( Thanks JD6400NZ) The Quad range part of the transmission all four ranges A B C n D are working fine just 4th in the power shift portion of the transmission when in any of the 4 ranges is the problem. Also can the power shift part of this transmission be repaired or removed which ever might be needed in this case without splitting the tractor. Thanks again to all.

This is a full frame tractor, so it is not split. If open station the plat form must be removed, if a cab tractor the cab tilted rearward. Then the PQ trans can be removed.

/ JD 6410 1 2 3 work fine 4th is slipping in partial power shift?? #7  
Have you checked for error codes. Your Owners Manual should tell how to do this. Post error codes.
It might be a shift valve is stuck for the 3-4 shift.

Have you checked for error codes. Your Owners Manual should tell how to do this. Post error codes.
It might be a shift valve is stuck for the 3-4 shift.

I don't have a owners manual ,didn't buy tractor new, but I will get one ,sounds like an excellent place to start

Thanks again to all

Tried to get error codes I think there are none, although my display is not working perfect either, did buy a repair manual on cd but it has no diagnostic section of course, that is a different manual I will try and get one of those and keep you posted. The way it looks 1 2 3 go through the planetary and 4th is direct drive or engine rpm so I don't know what the problem is.