Trouble with hydraulics

/ Trouble with hydraulics #1  

Aka jack

Tractor
John Deere
I have a 2940 John Deere tractor and the steering is stiff and when you let go of the steering wheel the front wheels keep moving. Also the front end loader eases up by itself and is jerky when pressure is applied to lever. All help will be appreciated thanks.

/ Trouble with hydraulics #2  
2940 John Deere

Hydraulics:
Type: closed center
Valves: 1
Pump flow: 18 gpm [68.1 lpm]

If the spring centering springs are weak, pressure at the IN port will make the lift arms rise.

Open the bottom cans on the valves and look at the springs and tightness of the nuts.

/ Trouble with hydraulics #3  
Steering & loader control valves are leaking internally. Is loader operated by a independent 2 spool valve or tractor scv??

/ Trouble with hydraulics
The loader works off the remotes on back of tractor. They were on a spool valve and it done the same thing. The floor board gets really hot also.

/ Trouble with hydraulics #5  
The loader works off the remotes on back of tractor. They were on a spool valve and it done the same thing. The floor board gets really hot also.

sounds like multiple high pressure leaks. My 2240 has the same problems. I'm in the process of rebuilding the power steering. Found a seal and o-ring destroyed. Next is the rockshaft. It's leaking as well as my loader valve. The loader valve is getting replaced with a joystick. My steering column was getting too hot to touch.

/ Trouble with hydraulics #6  

Sounds as if the poppet valves in the scv are leaking. Your tractor needs some serious hyd diagnostics performed.