5520N Electrical problem

/ 5520N Electrical problem #1  

Red Hawk

Tractor
5520N
Having electrical problem with my 5520N. When you turn the switch to run position it blows the key switch fuse, #5, in the fuse block. I took the switch out of my 5400N and put that in with the same result which tells me its not the switch itself. Can't find any shorts or loose wiring anywhere. My manual doesn't have an electrical schematic so I'm kinda blind in that respect. The fusible link seems to be fine is there another relay or sensor that is malfunctioning that may be blowing the fuse? Would appreciate any help available. Thanks don't worry be happy and enjoy a good homebrew.

/ 5520N Electrical problem #2  
Maybe the problem is the thermistor sensor (thermistors are temperature variable resistors used as sensors.). On the thermostat housing there is a sensor that is connected to a two wire harness that goes to the injection pump; this is the "cold start advance" portion of the system so it starts easier when cold by advancing the timing.

Try unplugging it, replace fuse and see if it starts and runs. The part # is RE503242, if you are quick changing it, you don't have to drain the coolant, just make sure it's not hot at the time. You will want a pan under the tractor to catch the coolant, so as not too have to clean it up.

The worst that will happen is you blow another fuse.

Attachments

• RE503242.jpg
    RE503242.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 197
  • temperaturesenor.jpg
    temperaturesenor.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 246
   / 5520N Electrical problem
Thanks for the info. I disconnected the thermistor sensor and replaced the fuse and it works fine with the sensor disconnected. Much appreciate the help, saved me a lot of head scratching and having to call the dealer.

/ 5520N Electrical problem #4  
Thanks for posting back. Glad to hear that this resolved your problem.