Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab?

/ Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab? #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
Hello, I was working in the tractor and I glanced over my left shoulder to look at my mower when light had caught my eye where there wasn't any light before. I looked down and sure enough there is a small hole in the back of my cab about 1/4" wide. Anyone else have this hole? Was there a bushing or something that fell out?

Attachments

• image-906766957.jpg
    image-906766957.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 373
  • image-3079952464.jpg
    image-3079952464.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 353
   / Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab?
Looks like a wiring harness grommet came out?!

That's what I thought too but looking at parts diagrams and things that are around there now and there is no signs of any kind of wiring that could go through there. It has got me quite stumped.

/ Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab? #4  
Just a rubber plug I think. All the rubber plugs are falling out of my right door glass, I will check and see if that one fell out on mine too.

/ Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab? #5  
Guess I was wrong. On mine this is where the 540/540E lever is located.

Just a rubber plug I think. All the rubber plugs are falling out of my right door glass, I will check and see if that one fell out on mine too.

Why would they put a rubber plug there? If it is a rubber plug I hope they aren't expensive. I can't wait to hear of your findings.

Guess I was wrong. On mine this is where the 540/540E lever is located.

Your lever is behind your seat on the left hand side right below the lower rear window? That's an awkward place to put a lever.)

/ Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab? #7  
Tractor Supply and Lowes have nice selections of rubber plugs, a 1/4" plug is probably only $.50 or so, lil siclicone and your done, dealer probably wants $10 lol

Tractor Supply and Lowes have nice selections of rubber plugs, a 1/4" plug is probably only $.50 or so, lil siclicone and your done, dealer probably wants $10 lol

Well so far the dealer can't find the plug in the parts catalogue , even the hole isn't in the parts catalogue.

/ Any other 5M owners have this hole in their cab? #9  
That is where the adjustment for the tree point rate of drop control is on mine.

That is where the adjustment for the tree point rate of drop control is on mine.

Mine is under my 3 point control on the right console, I suspect they use the same cab frame for all 5000 series tractor?