new to me 5210..cpl questions

/ new to me 5210..cpl questions #11  
Once roll-gard is removed the rear axle housings aren't that bad to R&R. $800 labor sounds like a lot.

/ new to me 5210..cpl questions
well **** fellas..i thought id get more help

btttt

well yeah..but i had some other questions...like if i take the bleeders loose to allow the springs to retract the pads will it gravity flo the hyd oil out or will it stop when the pads retract all the way in

should i be able to spin the rear tires when i lift the tractor off the ground outta gear

if the prkg brake or the master cyl is bypassing and i start the tractor with the bleeders open... will fluid bypass out the bleeders or not until i activate the brakes

further investigation will continue monday.

also if i drop and drain the hyd fluid and its got metal in it would it indicate issues with the brakes or somewhere else in the system and how can i clean it out

/ new to me 5210..cpl questions #16  
well yeah..but i had some other questions...like if i take the bleeders loose to allow the springs to retract the pads will it gravity flo the hyd oil out or will it stop when the pads retract all the way in

The only gravity flow will be oil in brake lines above bleeders. Without brakes applied system is pressure free and springs should retract piston without loosening bleeders

should i be able to spin the rear tires when i lift the tractor off the ground outta gear

Yes

if the prkg brake or the master cyl is bypassing and i start the tractor with the bleeders open... will fluid bypass out the bleeders or not until i activate the brakes

Parking brake is the locking of the transmission, not the wheel brakes. Brake valve is not pressurized by hydraulic system only reservoir filled (has overflow return) Brake pedal must be activated to pressurized brake lines. So no, not until you activate the brakes

further investigation will continue monday.

also if i drop and drain the hyd fluid and its got metal in it would it indicate issues with the brakes or somewhere else in the system and how can i clean it out

I would think brake problems would be lining material not metal. Flush and filters.

thank you sir..we did a tractor show this weekend so I didn't get to this one but I will asap since hay is in now...that's the kind of help I needed. thanks zebrafive.

now I will be able to troubleshoot it w/o taking it apart not knowing if im on the right track

thanks
gary

800 bucks later im gittin it back together....

brake discs..springs...oil..filter....parts..my labor..good thing I didn't dealer it..

didn't really find nothing wrong tho..hope the o rings and springs fixes it

/ new to me 5210..cpl questions #19  
I'm glad you're making progress. See it's no a bad chore to R&R axle housings.

i expected the mesh filter to be full of disc parts but they werent in there..which is good.. all in all alot easier than i thought...if it dont fix it im gonna be realy mad tho...it aint the time..but the $$ for the parts