JD 5203 hour meter not working

/ JD 5203 hour meter not working #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
good morning fellas. i have a 2005 JD 5203 ag tractor that just recently,as in today, the hour meter stopped working. when i started working today the hour meter showed 60.1 hours. after approx. 4 hrs of bushogging the hour meter showed 60.2 hrs. what would happen for a hour meter to go out with as little hours as my machine has? before starting my work i did splash the instrument panel with some water to clean it off as i don't have access to running water at my place. could that have screwed something up? i did notice it kinda frosted up a lil around the hour meter after the splash of water. what all could i check and exactly where to see whats happening with the hour meter? is there a fuse for it? everything else works just fine i.e. tach,fuel guage, and warning lights.
thanks,
Eddie

/ JD 5203 hour meter not working #2  
Check to see if speed sensor on the frt of engine has the wires connected properly

Attachments

• CD39018________UN01JAN94.gif
    CD39018________UN01JAN94.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 763
   / JD 5203 hour meter not working
Thanks Jim. Is that on the left side close to the front of the engine? How should they be correctly connected?
Thanks,
Eddie

/ JD 5203 hour meter not working #4  
My knowledge is limited on your tractor model but I'm fairly confident that speed sensor should have 2 wires connected. Speed sensor is located on LH frt of engine.

/ JD 5203 hour meter not working #5  
The instrument cluster in the 5000 series tractor are prone to just go out, just changes one in a 5083e because the tach wouldn't work