ECU Error code

/ ECU Error code #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
Hello, I started my tractor up today and was letting it warm up when I got this error code on the display:
ECU 101.00
Engine System
Crankcase pressure high. Engine power limited. Check blow-by filter.

When I got this code my rpm's dropped and the tractor started idling really rough. Thinking that it's cause components are cold I let it idle to warm up and then shut it off and started it back up and got the same code. Both codes happened within 5 mins of idling. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what's happening and what I can do to remedy it? Thank you.

Attachments

• image-3519421871.jpg
    image-3519421871.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 5,171
   / ECU Error code #2  
It sounds like you need to replace your open ventilation crankcase filter (OCV) - part number RE540710.

What caused the filter to clog...unknown.

/ ECU Error code
It sounds like you need to replace your open ventilation crankcase filter (OCV) - part number RE540710. What caused the filter to clog...unknown.

The mechanic came and the filter was clogged with water and oil, he said it looks like a design flaw from John Deere and put in a request for them to review it. The line going into the filter is facing away from the engine so it takes a very long time to heat up and if there is any water in it the water freezes plugging up the line. I had to cover my radiator 3/4 with cardboard as well cause my engine never gets to full operating temperature of 80*C so the thermostat never opens up.

I'm starting to not like all these emission reducing items, especially if they fail and the whole tractor becomes inoperable cause they say so not cause there is an actual problem with the engine. The good thing is the mechanic told me how to bypass the filter should it happen again. It's a temporary fix and is messy but at least you can still use the tractor. Just pull the line on the top of the canister and let it hang out and then there will be no pressure build up but it will spurt oil and water out that the filter would catch.

/ ECU Error code #4  
Just curious, how many hours are on your tractor? I wonder if you have a bad thermostat since the temperature never comes up.

/ ECU Error code #5  
The good thing is the mechanic told me how to bypass the filter should it happen again. It's a temporary fix and is messy but at least you can still use the tractor. Just pull the line on the top of the canister and let it hang out and then there will be no pressure build up but it will spurt oil and water out that the filter would catch.

If technician knew how to bypass the filter it would appear to me that he's encountered this problem before.

/ ECU Error code
Just curious, how many hours are on your tractor? I wonder if you have a bad thermostat since the temperature never comes up.
It's got 138 hours on it, it's barely broken in.

If technician knew how to bypass the filter it would appear to me that he's encountered this problem before.
Yes, apparently it's a known issue with John Deere and right now all they say is replace the filter, the mechanic will give them advice on how to make it better so it won't freeze up. He said the idea is good, just poorly designed.

/ ECU Error code #7  
my jd 6150 2015 doing same thing, wonder if I can remove the element as a temporary fix?

/ ECU Error code #8  
I wouldn't recommend removing the element. It might cause the water vapor in the blow-by to condense and drain back into the crankcase. Better temp fix would be to disconnect the filter inlet hose from valve cover. Extend hose to below engine to prevent any mess on side of engine.

/ ECU Error code #9  
My 1625R has been giving me the same problem. I put in a new filter and it worked fine for about few weeks and then started doing it again. Now it comes on a few times after I've been running a while. I drove the tractor through town to get gas and got that error right when I pulled up to the pump. I looked under my tractor and it spewed out a bunch of oil. I guess I'll have to put another filter in and make sure to clean out the container better next time. Kinda crazy I have to get another one in less than a month when it says they should be replaced after 2 years.

Could there be another reason why I get that issue so quickly after putting in a new filter? My tractor gets to operating temperature pretty easily.