GBLINTNER

/ GBLINTNER #1  

GBLINTNER

Tractor
JD 5035
5325 DIESEL. HAVING TROUBLE WITH HEAT SENSOR. WHEN ENGINE IS COLD, SHOULD SENSOR BE A CONDUCTOR OR NON CONDUCTOR? CAN THE CENSOR BE REMOVED WITHOUT DRAINING THE RADIATOR ?

/ GBLINTNER #2  
Hi neighbor as I see you own land within 10 miles of me & I think I knew your Dad. I tried to look up the sensor spec's on JDparts.com but spec's weren't listed. RE500844 Sensor ADD 24.85 USD Have you asked local JD dealer service manager for sensor spec's?

/ GBLINTNER
Hi neighbor as I see you own land within 10 miles of me & I think I knew your Dad. I tried to look up the sensor spec's on JDparts.com but spec's weren't listed. RE500844 Sensor ADD 24.85 USD Have you asked local JD dealer service manager for sensor spec's?

MY PLACE IS ABOUT 4 MILES NO. OF Gv ON 204. I DON'T LIVE THERE. IF YOU KNOW A LINTNER, IT PROBABLY IS ME. I'M 86+ AND MY BOY IS 61+. I DO THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. WHEN THE WEATHER WARMS A TAD, I AM GOING TO CHECK OUT VOLTAGE FROM THE INST. PANEL AND OHMS TO THE SENSOR WITH WIRE DETATCHED. THAT SHOULD TELL ME EVERYTHING EXCEPT ABOUT DRAINING RADIATER BEFORE TAKING OUT THE SENSOR IF I NEED TO. THANKS AGAIN.
DO YOU KNOW KEN OR JAY DAVIS, DALTON OR ANY OTHER OF THE HUGHES, THE ABNEYS ? IF SO, ASK ABOUT ME.

/ GBLINTNER #4  
Here's some tests you can make:
Remove wire from sensor. With key ON you should have 12v at the wire. Gauge should read COLD
If you ground the wire (from sensor) With Key ON, gauge should read HOT.
With an OHM meter sensor OHMS:
140 degrees 120-148 ohms
194 degrees 47-55 ohms
212 degrees 35-42 ohms

/ GBLINTNER
Here's some tests you can make:
Remove wire from sensor. With key ON you should have 12v at the wire. Gauge should read COLD
If you ground the wire (from sensor) With Key ON, gauge should read HOT.
With an OHM meter sensor OHMS:
140 degrees 120-148 ohms
194 degrees 47-55 ohms
212 degrees 35-42 ohms

thanks beyond measure. Thia is exactly the info I needed.

/ GBLINTNER #6  
DO YOU KNOW KEN OR JAY DAVIS, DALTON OR ANY OTHER OF THE HUGHES, THE ABNEYS ? IF SO, ASK ABOUT ME.

Yes and I have known Bob Wells,John Wells,Joe & Hobby Hughes,Carmen Bruner,Leroy Bruner,Oscar Lee Wilkerson and many more farmers around GV plus I was employed at the local JD dealer as in Bailey Impl. Hi Mr Lintner it's a small world & I had no idea it was you I was corresponding with. My name is Jim Bailey.

/ GBLINTNER
sounds like old home week. I have not talked to Carmen in a long time and have not seen John since Bob passed away. Bob and I were real good buddies. My tractor came from Bailey's. Would you be so kind as to tell me one more thing. I may have the wrong sensor in sight. I'm looking at the one that is screwed into the bottom of the block at the front left as you sit in the tractor seat and have a gut feeling that this is not the right sensor. It ought to be up on top of the front of the engine. My "little John" is a diesel.

/ GBLINTNER #8  
Your initials(GB) had me confused as I knew you as Mr. Bruce. Before Bob's(Big Daddy) passing and John Wells selling out and moving to Glen Rose I helped them with their farming and cattle. I've either drove a tractor or rode a horse over about every acre of the Lightfoot Ranch that John had leased. I forgot to mention I also knew Pete Stout. Parts key #2 is the temp sensor. I'm not very familiar with newer model tractors but you might check to be sure the dash panel is properly grounded.
Jim

Attachments

• RE509736PCDE01_UN04APR07.gif
    RE509736PCDE01_UN04APR07.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 119