6400 JD Blowing hoses

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #1  

Old Pipe Welder D

Tractor
6400 JD : : 150 NewHolland skid steer, Case TR-270 Skid steer
Year after year the larger hoses near the back around the filter seem to want to blow off.
They must be some kind of return hyd hose 1" id aproxx...with gear clamps (low pereasure)
It makes a real mess when they blow off
What would make them pop off from the nipple?
The clamps are good and tight.

Thanks

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #2  
Year after year the larger hoses near the back around the filter seem to want to blow off.
They must be some kind of return hyd hose 1" id aproxx...with gear clamps (low pereasure)
It makes a real mess when they blow off
What would make them pop off from the nipple?
The clamps are good and tight.

Thanks

Stopped up vent . Depending on what size tractor some of the vents are on the cap where you put the fluid in

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #4  
Thanks I will have a look at the cap

What size and what kind of tractor.I should of asked.because some have a vent tube on transmission that I have seen bugs stop up the vent.on some of j.d tractor the vent is made in the cap . If you pull the cap stand it upside down you will see a groove that gets packed in dirt

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #5  
Is it hose 8 or 9 in the first drawing? I see in JD parts they have an oil line conversion kit that does not use hose clamps on the hoses. Maybe this is a known problem and this is JD's solution?

Attachments

• 6400oillines.gif
    6400oillines.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 14,034
  • 6400oillinekit.gif
    6400oillinekit.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 6,110
   / 6400 JD Blowing hoses
It was hose 9 where clamp 22 is.

But I think Fuel Doc Figured it out....What I did was losen off the fill cap and started it up...And now the Hyd warning lamp is not on any more.

It also made a funny air noise...like it was releiving preasure.

1 other thing was before the hyd oil looked sudsey...as if it was doing alot of splashing around in the system.

I'm going to clean up that fill cap today.

Thanks for that drawing Zebra...and thank Fuel Doc...for that tip. I have had 3 servise calls on that 6400 John Deere and not one of the sevice guys mentioned anything about a vent.
Its not a fun day when your doing hay and lose 10 gals of oil all over the field. I realy appreciate the help

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses
Here's that cap before...It looks a bit plugged up

Attachments

• 6400 jd hyd fill cap 2.JPG
    6400 jd hyd fill cap 2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 6400 jd hyd fill cap 1.JPG
    6400 jd hyd fill cap 1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 807
   / 6400 JD Blowing hoses
Still got problems.

Had to go a get 5 hay wagons out of the snow today...and 5 mins down the road...The hyd light starts flashing.

So theres still something not working right...could it be the filters?

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #10  
Still got problems.

Had to go a get 5 hay wagons out of the snow today...and 5 mins down the road...The hyd light starts flashing.

So theres still something not working right...could it be the filters?

Yep I would start with the filters there should be 2 one at right side rear axle the other on the transmission. On most there is a washout screen in the transmission. You might already no you need to use j.d fluid to keep the break disc from coming apart