Seen a Model R...

/ Seen a Model R... #1  

Blueflint

Tractor
Deere 1020
I live on a small farm in south central Ohio. The area is rolling hills, small fields and all farms are quite small. I am pretty familiar with the local equipment in use on these farms...at least I thought. About a week ago, I was working out in the greenhouse and I could hear an old tractor coming down the road (busy state route). It was not a familiar sound though, I walked to the greenhouse door and about fell over...it was an old Deere Model R, in pretty good original condition, towing a cart, heading down the road to the fertilizer plant. What a sight! Anyway, just nice to see something like this still working the fields.

Tony

/ Seen a Model R... #2  
There are still plenty 2-cyl Deeres out there. Yesterday I got behind an old 720 with a post driver on the back and pulling a load of posts on a hay rack.

/ Seen a Model R...
We still see a few of the older Deeres around here though local farms mostly use New Generation or Generation 2 Deeres. It really shocked me to see an old diesel though and the R models were rarely sold in this part of the country, they were marketed for large farms. Really neat to see this animal.

/ Seen a Model R... #4  
Only see the old JDs at antique shows anymore around here. Love to here them run.:cool:

/ Seen a Model R... #5  
Glad someone got the old gal out and had some fun........I mean put her to work!