6110SE warning lights flashing

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #1  

peteinwilts

Tractor
John Deere 6110SE
Hi Guys

I have a John deere 6110SE and all of the hydraulic\transmission related lights on the dash are flashing, along with the 'stop; and warning lights.

The manual states if something fails, the light will be eliminated, but to have so many lights flash is a little alarming. The taco works, suggesting it is less likely to be an electrical problem.

so...

checked and changed the battery

changed the transmission filters

topped up the transmission fluid.

The problem still exists.

the transmission and gears work completely fine with no difficulty or hesitation. the hydraulics work just fine.

a sensor issue?

any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
pete

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #2  
We had the temp sensor that light and a few others were flashing, stop and warning I believe. I think it was a normally open switch inside and it shorted some how.

On our tractor there were a couple of sensors side by side, pressure and temp at least. might want to look at the wires around that area and see if any have been worn and/or cut.

You should (again if they are normally open) be able to disconnect the sensor(s) and see if the lights go out. Just if you disconnect more than one at a time, make sure you label them good.

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing
I tested the resistance of the engine sensor, and was about 2.4k ohms. Unfortunately, I do not know the correct value, but it did not read a closed or open circuit. However, the taco still works correctly.

I unplugged any other sensors that I could find on the transmission one at a time, but made no difference. I presume if a sensor failed as a closed circuit, I would not see a difference by unplugging it anyway?

The lights that flash are:-

1 and 2 Stop and caution (note, not '3', which is the warning light if there is an electrical fault within the hydraulic or transmission sensors)

5 - Transmission\hydraulic oil temperature too high
6 - Transmission\hydraulic temperature pressure too low
7 - Engine oil pressure warning light
10 - air cleaner indicator light
11 - Transmission filter clogged (already changed) or oil temperature too low.

When the engine is started from cold, the lights start to flash after a couple of seconds. I like the idea that it is failing a postcheck, and some of the lights that are flashing are not related to each other suggesting the fault is not a 'real' fault.

Any other ideas or thoughts would be greatly welcomed.

any idea when I could find a circuit diagram?

Cheers
Pete

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing
I think I might be getting somewhere!

the space of the 'flash' is the same speed as the indicators, and when the glow plugs are warming.

I removed the fuse for the indicators. The flashing on all lights go away. (but are still functional!)

almost certainly a bad earth\faulty flasher unit.

presumably buried in the dashboard?

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #6  
I think the flasher for the turn signals/warning lights is buried in one of the electronic control boxes.

My 6415 will sometimes have the right warning light and dash indicator (for right turn signal) come ON as soon as you turn the key ON. They remain ON after start up and until tractor is shutdown. If immediately restarted they will be off. I think this happens when the battery is low from sitting and after running charges up and then they will be off. Maybe your battery is low, not so low it wont start, but low enough to cause electrical gremlins.

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #7  
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad ground.

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #8  
Have you figured out what was wrong?
Currently having the exact same problem with a 6110SE.

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #9  
JD6110
:welcome: to TBN

You may want to send a PM to the TBN member, as this thread is a few years old. The PM will jog that member via an email notice.

Or someone may know how to lend you a fix and post same.

/ 6110SE warning lights flashing #10  
any chance I could call you to discuss problem I am having with my 6415 I sure would appreciate some help
thx floyd