Tractor
    john deere 6415 4wd

Default john deere tractor 6415 idles funny

i have a john deere 6415 4wd the engine will rev up and back down all by its self. It will run fine for awhile then it will do this 3 or 4 times in a row then run fine again for awhile.

Default Re: john deere tractor 6415 idles funny

Is it doing this when you actually have it throttled up? In other words, is it actually just losing RPM and then gaining it back? If so, then you likely have a fuel starvation issue like I recently had with my 6405. Read that recent thread of this month and you'll learn a lot. If it is gaining RPM's when you have it throttled down, then that's a whole other issue. Could be the linkage, governor, etc. But first thing first. If its fuel flow, you'll learn from previous thread about possible solutions. Mine ended up being a blocked screen at the bottom of the fuel pick up line in the tank. Easy fix. Good luck.

Tractor
    john deere 6415 4wd

Default Re: john deere tractor 6415 idles funny

It will do this while it is sitting running all by itself and it will do it when you are useing it in the field. We have changed fuel lines filters cleaned the screen at the bottom of the fuel pick up line in the tank. Also changed the hand throttle sensor. We tried it with the foot throttle sensor unhooked yesterday while baleing hay and it still acted up. We also cleaned the fuel tank cap made sure the cap wasnt stopped up.