JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go?

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
When I lower my 3-point on my 3020 diesel as low as it will go it's still a good foot above ground level. I've seen videos of other tractors where the lower arms almost touch the ground. Its hard to hook up some attachments when the arms won't drop low enough. I have to set attachments on cement blocks.

If you have a 3020/4020 can you tell me if this is normal? Does yours go quite a bit lower?

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #2  
Not familiar with the specif model, but alot of 3PH's have different holes for attaching the vertical links. Perhaps yours is in the highest setting?

Some have multiple holes on the arm, and others have multiple holes in the link.

Here is a picture of one of my sidelinks (I broke and had to fix).
Notice I have 2 holes where it hooks to the arm. Do you have something similar? or perhaps post a picture of yours?

IMG_20131029_091816_915.jpg

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #3  
Not familiar with the specif model, but alot of 3PH's have different holes for attaching the vertical links. Perhaps yours is in the highest setting?

Some have multiple holes on the arm, and others have multiple holes in the link.

Here is a picture of one of my sidelinks (I broke and had to fix).
Notice I have 2 holes where it hooks to the arm. Do you have something similar? or perhaps post a picture of yours?

View attachment 386998

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go?
I've read through the manual and I don't see an adjustment that would allow the rocker arms to lower further. But I can't imagine that they should not go lower.

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #5  
Its not on the rocker arm. Rather the lower end of the vertical link that hooks TO the rocker arm.

ITs also possible that the rocker arms were not put back on where they were supposed to be. And they are a tooth off, which would give higher lift, but not go as low.

Again, a picture is worth a thousand words here.

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #6  
Do you have the L/D control lever under seat set in"D"?

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go?
Do you have the L/D control lever under seat set in"D"?

I've tried it in D and L both. Didn't seem to effect how low it would go.

Last edited:
   / JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #8  
What size rear tires do you have? oversized tires definitely have an effect on height of hitch. The lift links on a 3020 should be adjustable in length. Turning handle #4 will shorten and lengthen the lift link. If link is frozen up, you need to free it up so you can adjust it.
+++

Attachments

• R832___________UN01JAN94.gif
    R832___________UN01JAN94.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 199
   / JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #9  
My 2520 was like that. I went back to the dealer a few months after I bought it and noticed all the new models had the linkages with three different holes where they connect to the lower draft arms. Of course they would be happy to provide me with these new ones at full retail price. I thought about modifying mine to add the adjustability but ended up just take the arm off the rock shaft and moving it one tooth down. I've never regretted it yet.

/ JD 3020 how low does 3-point lower arms go? #10  
I had a 3010 and the arms on it sat about 2" off the ground.