Cheap tire spacers

/ Cheap tire spacers #1  

tervete

Tractor
JD 3320
I have a JD 3320 with big lug rear tires 43X16.00-20. I just purchased tire chains from Walco, but they rub the inside part of the fender. Is there a cost effective way (cheap) out there.

/ Cheap tire spacers #2  
Not a cheap way out. Many companies sell spacers in the 200-300 range. I have the same size on my LS but do have enough clearance for chains. You'll need to know the bolt pattern and spacing to order spacers. You can also have a machine shop make them up for you. I had a set of 2" spacers made for another tractor for $100 by a friend of a friend.
Here's a company that sells them for your 3320 for just over $200.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/switchtractormodel

/ Cheap tire spacers #5  
If I switch the tires over, would it give me more clearance?
It depends on how the wheels are made. You operators manual should have a chart like this, if it is possible.

Wheel Spacings.jpg Rear wheel spacing.jpg

I swapped mine side to side (keeps the direction of rotation correct), after I rolled it, to get more width.

P8092307.JPG PC311453.JPG P9060024.JPG

Last edited:
   / Cheap tire spacers #6  
Not sure if you have rims capable of being swapped from side to side. My current and last tractor were not. Rims are one piece and not bolted like Xfaxmans pic.

/ Cheap tire spacers #8  
Seeing the underside of that Toro confirmed my suspicion of how they were built. Hope you were not injured in the tipover.

On my 4300 I gained about an inch and a half turning the rims around. Enough to be able to use the chains on my R4's. Yours may be different.
But my manual gave the differences gained.

/ Cheap tire spacers #9  
The rims that I swapped on the TORO are one piece and the stud hole is beveled on both sides.

It is the offset of the rim that makes the difference.

PC311455.JPG P8171921.JPG P8171930.JPG

You can take one wheel off, turn it around, if the holes are beveled put it on backwards with three lug nuts. check the fender clearance, if more, take it off and put it on the other side.

/ Cheap tire spacers
I swapped the tires over, it gave me almost an extra 2" of clearance. the chains don't rub and it's ready for snow. Thank you to all that replied.