3020 gas not getting any gas to cylinders??

/ 3020 gas not getting any gas to cylinders?? #1  

Doughknob

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere X500, Bobcat CT4045
Hi all. Been a while since I've been on the forum but I need some help. I have a 1964 3020 gas with Zenith carb. I cannot figure out why no gas is getting to the cylinders. It has always been a bear to start, like it had fuel supply issues but it eventually fired up. Well now, nothing; I removed a new plug and can't even smell gas; its bone dry. BUT, there is fuel in the carb bowl. And I have recently had the carb off and replaced some gaskets and o-rings and jets plus cleaning it up. So what might I have done to it to make it worse than before I cleaned it up? I tried to imagine if it could be something like stuck valves or timing off. But it ran fine (once it started) before and if I had a valve or 2 stuck, I should get some sort of firing or back firing from some cylinder right? I get nothing - no shots at all and like I said plugs bone dry. I also hooked a timing light to the plug wires and get flashing so I know the ignition is working; it's definitely a fuel supply issue. Any thoughts?? thanks, J

/ 3020 gas not getting any gas to cylinders?? #2  
:welcome: to TBN.

Couple things to try..
Remove plugs and get a compression check for each cylinder. That should give you a clue to the condition of the rings and valves.
Second, check for spark at each plug.
Third, put some gas in each cylinder and replace plugs, and see if the gas will combust (or go directly to this step if you know the first two are ok).

/ 3020 gas not getting any gas to cylinders?? #3  
Your carb may have some plugged passages. I would pull it again and use a carb cleaner and compressed air and try and clear all the passages.