5085m shifting hard

/ 5085m shifting hard #1  

ajd4339

Tractor
John Deere 5085M
I have a 2010 JD 5085m. When letting out on the clutch after changing gears when on road or at higher speed it jerks really hard unless you idle it down to around 1500rpms. It's like u can't just ease out on the clutch it just catches and goes. Do I have a problem or is this normal?

/ 5085m shifting hard #2  
Do you know which type clutch linkage your tractor has(manual or Electro-Hydraulic)? 2010 model may only have mechanical clutch linkage.

/ 5085m shifting hard
On tractor data it says electro hydraulic but idk if that's for a 2010. But I'm pretty sure it is. How could I tell for sure?

/ 5085m shifting hard #4  
our 2012 5105m is electro and was not smooth at all when we first got it. The dealer adjusted it on the first service and it seemed better, it hasn't changed since, is this a new or escalating problem for you?

Brent

/ 5085m shifting hard
I've only owned the tractor about 4 months. It was that way when I got it. It hasn't got any worse and it's only noticeable if you shift above 1800-2000rpm in high range on the road.

/ 5085m shifting hard #6  
I can't speak completly on Final tier IV, but if a 2010 not what you have anyways. Otherwise mechanical clutch I believe was reserved for the basic tranny, upgrades used the eh clutch control. Sounds to me by the description of the operation that is what you have and should be repairable either by adjsutment or maybe an issue w/ the potentiometer.

/ 5085m shifting hard
Thanks I'm goin to get a JD mechanic to look at it as soon as I can

/ 5085m shifting hard #8  
I have a 2010 JD 5085m. When letting out on the clutch after changing gears when on road or at higher speed it jerks really hard unless you idle it down to around 1500rpms. It's like u can't just ease out on the clutch it just catches and goes. Do I have a problem or is this normal?

Talked to a guy with 4 6M's that sometimes jerk really bad when letting the clutch out, but not all the time. He also knows 4 other people with newer 5E's 5M's and 6M's that do the same thing once and a while. He has been to the dealer but still not fixed. Mine will do the same thing, but only once and a while. That's the least of my concerns with my tractor right now though, lol.

/ 5085m shifting hard #9  
That reminds me, when we first got our 5105M, the clutch release was so sudden in range b, I was having trouble unloading pallets off a flat bed truck, every time it engaged, it was sudden enough it would cause the front to dive, making it very difficult to get the forks into the pallet without ramming the side of the truck. Very embarrassing. What I found was using range c allowed more feathering and smoother approach, once I got the forks into the pallet I would put it into range b (the proper range) for lifting and moving the pallet. It felt like I might have been riding the clutch a little, but it did work until we got it adjusted at the dealer.

Brent

/ 5085m shifting hard #10  
Reread your post I guess my last comment isn't exactly on point, sorry, but maybe it will help someone with a similar problem :eek:

Brent