/ JD5115M #1  

chinhut

Tractor
jd1650
anybody with any experience with this series of JD or info about them
looking at this one to buy

/ JD5115M #2  
:welcome: to TBN

I don't, but likely someone will be able to chime in soon.

What are your plans for it, and why this model in particular?

/ JD5115M
looked at both the "E" and "M" series ,the implements planning on using are asking for 90 -100hp
the "M" seems to be a little huskier

/ JD5115M #4  
I have a 2011 5105M, which was the top horsepower Tier III 5M. The 5M is several hundred pounds heavier than the 5E and has more bells and whistles. It will likely come down to whether you want to spend the extra money. The 5E is the economy model. I like my 5M.

I see you are in Clarion, Pa. I lived there for several years and have a lot of family there.

/ JD5115M #5  
Welcome from not to far from clarion! Like was stated an m is a lil fancier than the e's. I have a 5083e and wish I would have gotten more hp. The m is def a lil huskier. Any specific plans for the tractor?

/ JD5115M #6  
Just ordered a 5115m this week. Deere is 3 months behind on this series. It's due in 3rd week of August

/ JD5115M #7  
Friend of ours has a 5115M and he got the H310 loader on it. He has 5 sets of wheel weights and loaded tires and claims he still had trouble with handling the 84" bucket full of dirt. I think he should have gotten the H260 with less reach and I don't think he would have as much trouble. I told him he needed to put some ballast on the 3 point. Only real mechanical problem he's had was a blown turbo due to a loose hose clamp from the assembly factory in GA, luckily it was still under warranty.

Wife and son thought about trading up to 85hp from the 5065M. Dealer talked them into test driving a 5085E and it didn't take long for her know the E was not for them. She said she wouldn't trade the 5065M for the 5085E even if it was an even trade. The 5085M was close to another $10-12K more than the E so they just let it go at that, plus it would have been Tier 4 where as the 5065M is a Tier 3.

The 5065M here has no problem pulling the new NH H7220 DiscBine, 9'2" cut. I didn't think it would pull it but does a good job. They've had it less than 3 years and it got almost 500 hours on it.

This field was thick with Soybeans and Millet, it made 70 4' bales on 6 acres, that was a record for that field.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcI_2BNzuI4

/ JD5115M #8  
I have the 5083E with the older 563 NSL and even with loaded tires, a set of wheel weights, and a 1700lb ballast block, I could still manage to get the rear end off the ground at times with a 78" bucket. I'm impressed that the 5065 would run the 9'2" cut discbine. I always heard that 10hp/ft to be able to run better than a walking pace was necessary! I'm sure that is very plant dependent.

/ JD5115M #9  
It surprises me that a 56 pto HP tractor will pull the NH H7220 DiscBine that well in that type of crop. The 5 cylinder engine must be the reason.

/ JD5115M #10  
Welcome, we just traded our 2012 5105m for a 2015 5115m. We've only had it for a couple weeks, but it seems substantially stronger. We went with the h310 loader and with loaded tires it still needs a fair amount of weight behind it. I'm a little nervous about the DEF, but we'll see. The new cab is nicer too and a little quieter at RPM speed. So far it seems the clutch is a touch smoother. The brakes seem to be doing that excessive play on the first push until they pump up that some 5105 owners were talking about, ours never had that. So I will have to pay attention to it. the road speed is higher, which is nice.

Brent