Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not?

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #1  

bsrfarms97

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3150
Hey everyone. I'm considering trading my Ford 5610 open station 2wd for a John Deere 5075E 4wd open station. The 5610 is a 85 model with under 3000hrs and in great condition. My biggest question is will the 5075E be a much noticeable difference pulling my discbine. I have a few fields that I have to pull some hills. My current 5610 handles them but it's really grunting to tackle the task. Are the 5075E tractors dependable?

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #2  
Get the dealer to give you a chance to make some trial runs with the tractor. Or get some conviction from the dealer that it will work for you, just for the outside chance that it does not.

Wish you well with the new Deere.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #3  
I don't know how that's going to work out. They change how they rate hp back in the 80s I think? I would want to try it out though. Are you going to have around 10 pto hp per foot?

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #4  
Be sure the brakes work and feel right on the lot before taking it home. This is for the tier 2. Don't know if the problems are with the new tier 4 or not

Brett

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #5  
I doubt you will see much difference in the way it pulls the discbine unless traction was a problem. The two models are rated almost the same in horsepower. If you want to see noticeble improvement in power, you would have to move up to a 5085E or 5083E in a used model.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not?
After alittle more research and seeing the 5075E only had a 179ci 3 cylinder motor. It is alot smaller than the 276ci 4 cylinder in my 5610 ford I think I will steer clear of that small of a motor. I'm definitely not knocking the tractor itself. I may be alittle old fashioned but larger cubic inch motors that are not being pushed as hard for hp seem more logical for longevity than small cubic in that are pushed to the max already.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #7  
IMHO tractor manufacturers are migrating to smaller cid engines with higher HP's following in pursuit of the automobile industry trying to achieve higher HP hrs per gallon of fuel.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #8  
Looks like also the Ford weight is more even before you add extra weight to the Deere. Since you mentioned you will be working on some hills I think the extra weight will be handy. Granted you can add weight to the Deere but from the specs it don't look like it will be as easy to get it to the weight of the Ford. The Deere you are looking at is 4x4 so that will help out a lot. My experience with the 3 cylinder vs 4 is you can tell some difference in power but what I see most noticeble is the 3 cylinder machines tend to be louder. Im comparing the 3 cylinder Deeres,New Holland Iveco and Fords to our 165 MF that is four cylinder. The 5075E also has a little less pto hp. I would recommend to go up to the bigger E series if I was you.

After alittle more research and seeing the 5075E only had a 179ci 3 cylinder motor. It is alot smaller than the 276ci 4 cylinder in my 5610 ford I think I will steer clear of that small of a motor. I'm definitely not knocking the tractor itself. I may be alittle old fashioned but larger cubic inch motors that are not being pushed as hard for hp seem more logical for longevity than small cubic in that are pushed to the max already.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not?
Looks like also the Ford weight is more even before you add extra weight to the Deere. Since you mentioned you will be working on some hills I think the extra weight will be handy. Granted you can add weight to the Deere but from the specs it don't look like it will be as easy to get it to the weight of the Ford. The Deere you are looking at is 4x4 so that will help out a lot. My experience with the 3 cylinder vs 4 is you can tell some difference in power but what I see most noticeble is the 3 cylinder machines tend to be louder. Im comparing the 3 cylinder Deeres,New Holland Iveco and Fords to our 165 MF that is four cylinder. The 5075E also has a little less pto hp. I would recommend to go up to the bigger E series if I was you.

Yeah I also noticed that weight difference. I've looked also at some of the 5510 series tractors which seem to have the engine displacement and more weight. Alittle older but still much newer than my ford.

/ Considering a John Deere 5075E good idea or not? #10  
I ran a 5510 for a couple of years and some several hours on it. The only thing I really would mention with that tractor was the front end was especially light when heavy weights were on the three point.