John Deere 6410 won't move

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #1  

wiam

Bronze Member
Tractor
6500 4WD/ML265 JD 6410
2000 6410 powrquad 24 speed. Round baled with it 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Last week I went to use it and it will not move. Low trans pressure ligh and stop light flash when engine is running. PTO does not come on. Test light comes on at solenoids on transmission. 8.5-11 ohms on solenoids. Screw driver sticks to each solenoid when activated. I can hear solenoids moving valves with a stethoscope. Gauge does not move in any gear at test ports on bottom. Remotes will open round baler. 3 point goes up and down. Brakes and steering have pressure. Seems like there is no tranny pressure. I got tractor 2 months ago. I have changed filter by rear axle but not front one yet.

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #2  
1) Check fluid level
2) Replace trans filter part number AL156625
3) If 1 & 2 do not help it might have the lube relief valve stuck open, or failed trans pump

There is a procedure for flushing the lube relief valve in Tech manual TM4572. Section 255-10A-55. Page number 990

/ John Deere 6410 won't move
That would be your choice for manual? How about TM4574? I have the TM 4524 coming today. I am not sure which has best info

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #4  
TM4524 is for model 6400 while TM4572 is for model 6410

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #5  
That would be your choice for manual? How about TM4574? I have the TM 4524 coming today. I am not sure which has best info

TM4572 is operations and tests. It tell how it works and how to test
Tm4574 is repair. It tell how to repair (if you know what needs to be repaired) not how to determine if it needs repair for that TM4572

I would say you need both. If only one TM4572

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #6  
Ditto what Zebrafive stated.

/ John Deere 6410 won't move
New filter did not change anything.

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #8  
My next guess is stuck lube relief valve

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #9  
"lube relief valve"

What is that? Don't recall hearing a valve called that, and would like to hear more what it is and where it is located in the thick of things. tks

/ John Deere 6410 won't move #10  
"lube relief valve"

What is that? Don't recall hearing a valve called that, and would like to hear more what it is and where it is located in the thick of things. tks

The power quad transmission has it's own oil pump. It supplies pressure for planetary clutch packs and reverse brake. It also lubes the transmission. This relief valve is to protect the pump and is located in the transmission front valve housing. There are also a filter relief valve, and cooler relief valve.

JDparts is down so I could not pull up a drawing.