I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ?

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #1  

duke7595

Gold Member
Tractor
820 ,1520,1020 (D) 1020 (G) 1050,4020 2240
I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking the anti freeze quality. It fell into the radiator, I can't find it after searching and fishing with a wire for quite awhile. The tester is the small bulb type, and the lost hose is about 2 " long by approx. 3/16 " in diameter. The tractor is a 2240 John Deere, do you think it will cause any problems, or should I flush it out ? Your input is appreciated .

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #2  
Wouldn't it have to work its way through the radiator, through your thermostat, then into the water pump? What's the chances? If it's not difficult to remove the radiator, drain it, save the anti-freeze, remove the radiator and flush it upside down until it falls out, if it does. I guess that would work. Or maybe if you just drain the radiator into clean containers, you'll be able to see it sitting at the bottom of the radiator right below the filler? I'd try that first, I suppose. Good luck. Hope you get it out.

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #3  
I think you'll be fine. The odds are very slim that hose will stand up straight enough to enter a radiator tube. I seriously doubt radiator tube diameter is large enough to accept the hose.

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #4  
I'm with Tx Jim here. Just forget it and go get yourself a longer hose to put on the tester and get on with life.

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #5  
I would probably drain just the radiator and see if I could get it. You may never have any issues but then again its hard to say

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ? #6  
Not likely to cause any grief . Idle the tractor with the rad. cap off when the coolant starts to circulate the piece of hose may show up near the opening so you can fish it out.

/ I lost the plastic hose on my anti freeze tester while checking coolant quality ?
Thank you to everyone for the advice, it is appreciated..