Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #1  

Brown Dog

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 5115M 5101E H260 5115M 540M all MFD
I hate the Threaded Adjustment stabilizers & wanna convert to square telescoping type like on a 5425 that you simply drop a pin in correct hole.

You guys have a link to a parts illustration ?

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #2  
From jdparts.com

Attachments

• 5225sway.gif
    5225sway.gif
    10 KB · Views: 408
   / Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #3  
Looks like Zebrafive hooked you up!!!

My Kubota came with them. I converted my Ford to them using CNH's online parts listing to find a replacement.

Not sure why any manufacturer would offer a 93HP tractor with stupid thread adjustable stabilizers.......

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #4  
With a quick hitch, like the iMatch, the stabilizers are not adjusted very often, if ever. Might be one reason...

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #5  
With a quick hitch, like the iMatch, the stabilizers are not adjusted very often, if ever. Might be one reason...

Yeah possibly. Just seems cheap to me. I run a QH on my Kubota with telescoping stabilizers and like you said, never use them. But I'd still think I got slighted if it had thread adjustable stabilizers.

I even converted my JD 2210 to telescoping stabilizers.

DSC06940.JPG DSC06929.JPG

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type
No disrespect, but I don't care for the quick hitch setup as it moves your attachment back farther away from your tractor.

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #7  
Your preference is fine... but I'd never go back.. and have half a dozen iMatch compatible attachments. None of which are a problem "too far back". It's all of 6 inches.

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #8  
JD offers a kit now to replace the chains on the 5E limited and is optional on the new 5e's. I guess enough people complained (including me)

/ Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type
   / Converting 5093E 3pt hitch stabilizers to square male / female telescoping type #10  
No disrespect, but I don't care for the quick hitch setup as it moves your attachment back farther away from your tractor.

Yes. That needs to be considered. In my case I may switch 3pt attachments 2 or 3 times in a day. The QH takes all the frustration out of that task. Especially with TnT. I pay little attention to where I set an attachment down or how level it is. And I pay no attention to the placement of the attachment anymore.

I shot a video a couple years ago hitching my Kubota to a JD 10' 3pt brush cutter, powering it up, shutting down and unhitching. I accomplished that in less than 2 minutes using the QH. I then shot a video hitching my Brother's smaller Kubota to a 6' 3pt brush cutter, powering it up, shutting down and unhitching. Took me 14 minutes using 3pt with telescoping stabilizers.