JD 5085M neutral light flashing

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #1  

ajd4339

Tractor
John Deere 5085M
I have a 2010 JD 5085m lately it's got to where the N light will flash when you put it in forward or reverse. Usually you can just flip it back to neutral and it will stop flashing then it's good to go. This time it just keeps flashing no matter what it do. Any suggestions?

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #2  
Did you get your problem solved? I assume you're talking about a power reverser?
I think the transmission has trouble to shift and flashes the light.
How old your transmission fluid/filter? Check on any wiring going to transmission. Even a poor contact at the battery could cause issues, check on ground wires as well.

I hope it's something simple.

Good luck.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #3  
My 5065e will do this if i have range or gears in neutral and p/r in F or R the N light will start to flash. Put P/R lever in neutral and light goes solid.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #4  
I have a 2014 5085E, bought it new. Mine has done what you have described since it was new. When the mechanic came out it would not do it. Most times you can cycle the f r leaver and it's OK, but a few times I have cycled the leaver for close to five minutes. The only way the N light will stop blinking is to turn the tractor off and back on.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #5  
When you had the mechanic come out, did he connect his computer and check for stored error codes? Any time the light flashes, a code should be stored that will help determine what caused the fault. There are a lot of things that can cause it.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #6  
It did not leave an error code for that. I have an error light that comes on, when it comes on it will leave a code.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #7  
Did you get this issue resolved ?
My 5093E open station is doing the same thing & giving me fits.

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing
Yes it was the power reverser lever. Had to have a new one to the tune of about $900 for the part and JD to come out and put it on. I think u could put it on yourself but you need the error codes to be sure that's the problem

/ JD 5085M neutral light flashing #9  
I'm bout ready to take a gamble on the PR switch = $240

If it fixes it, It'll be QUICKER & cheaper than hauling it to dealer, paying Diagnostics & labor to install.

I see your other thread now, that I replied in lol