John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift

/ John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift #11  
On your tractor JD engineers elected to call the valve in question the flow control valve but on older models same valve is called pressure or priority valve.. You can get a 5000# gauge from Surplus center.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    105.2 KB · Views: 345
   / John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift
That means the cab needs to come off

/ John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift #13  
We had a 2840 and the 3pt hith/hydraulics always gave problems since new/ John Deere never was able to fix the problem, there is a long history of problems with the 2840's not sure about your model.

/ John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift #14  
That means the cab needs to come off

Cab has to come off for what reason. RS certainly doesn't require removal not to R&R or service flow(pressure) control valve

/ John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift #15  
Pressure control valve should be ok since loader is working ok. Unless of course loader valve is plumbed in a manner different than factory recommendation. Pressure control valve provides priority oil to steering system. Loader, rockshaft, and scv's get oil after steering.

/ John Deere 2750 3pt won't lift #16  
jd110
It's been too many yrs since I was a service manager and I don't have access to utility tractor TM & I don't remember the answer to this question. Is it not possible for valve(key 9) in previous posted photo to block orifice in trans case leading to rockshaft but not block orifice leading to scv/fel orifice?
thanks,Jim

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 206
According to my shop manual, the flow control valve is in the passenger side of the rockshaft housing. Picked up a pressure gauge last night.
I'm used to military service manuals, they are a lot more detailed for troubleshooting.

Last edited:
So I get around 2200+ psi from the rear remote when I activate it. Not sure if my loader is plumbed correctly or not, but the loader has a hose running to the filter housing.

Last edited:
My manual says that there is a bypass valve right above the filter housing, is that what you guys might be referring to? The manual also says that the surge relief valve may be defective, but I can't find any other mention of it in the manual, I have no idea where it might be located.

Got access to the plug for the flow control valve, gonna need to use a magnet to et it out, what am I looking for to determine if its bad or not?