Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor

/ Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor #1  

jenkinsph

Super Star Member
Tractor
Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130
I am needing to install a return line for a new Danfoss PVG 32 proportional valve. I need to keep the pressure low on this return line so I am looking for a good place to return the oil. In the diagram below there is a 1/2" plug at (30) as illustrated.

Will this location work for a return line? What normally would this flange and plug be used for?

The Danfoss valve will be used to operate a laser grading box. so it will be used continuously all day. Is there a better place to connect a half inch hose for the return line? The tractor is a 2009 4520 cab 60hp.

Attachments

• MP41279________UN29MAY08.gif
    MP41279________UN29MAY08.gif
    44.5 KB · Views: 126
   / Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor #2  
I'm not a guru, but it looks like.

But make sure you filter the oil before you return it to the reservoir. If anything goes wrong in the cylinders of the blade it could mess up your tranny if unfiltered.

/ Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor
Thanks for the response.

/ Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor #4  
I am needing to install a return line for a new Danfoss PVG 32 proportional valve. I need to keep the pressure low on this return line so I am looking for a good place to return the oil. In the diagram below there is a 1/2" plug at (30) as illustrated.

Will this location work for a return line? What normally would this flange and plug be used for?

The Danfoss valve will be used to operate a laser grading box. so it will be used continuously all day. Is there a better place to connect a half inch hose for the return line? The tractor is a 2009 4520 cab 60hp.

Steve,

Just dropped by and noticed your posting. Looks like your return hyd line will be routed into the sump filter. Don't know the return pressures but I'd wonder about the possible flushing of material from the filter back into the system.

Half inch dump line is probably too large a flow to "T" into the vent, however. Off hand, I'm not sure where I'd tie into the existing housing.

Any chance that you could drill and tap the housing?

AKfish

I am concerned about that location because of the filter and would rather have a place for the return to mix better for cooling reasons. I have considered drilling and tapping the housing too, have also considered teeing into the lower drain but will have to think about damage protection if I snag trash or whatever.

Do you have a tech manual for the 4720 Larry?

The steering pump flow is 5.1 gpm which would keep the suction screen from being cleared of debris. The steering flow should also help with the cooling mixture of the oil.

So far I haven't seen any other place to put the return. I may have to pull the top cover off the 3 pt hitch to see if there is a good place to tap the housing where I can clean up any cuttings.

/ Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor #7  
I'm not a guru, but it looks like.

But make sure you filter the oil before you return it to the reservoir. If anything goes wrong in the cylinders of the blade it could mess up your tranny if unfiltered.

Not necessary and possibly problematic. The tractor has it's own hydraulic filters. Install the valve as recommended.

/ Return to tank location on 4520 compact tractor #8  
I have the part's manual and the technical repair manual for the 20 series compact's on CD. I'm not sure how to cut and email sections but I'd give it a shot to sending whatever you might be interested in. Let me know.

I too thought about the housing cover at the top of the 3pt. Discounted that idea as too close to the 3pt lift piston. Any debris or contamination could score the piston, rings, etc. That said, you might be able to route the return flow to the front ahead of lift piston. Not sure, exactly.

Agree with your concerns regarding the "T" junction at the drain plug. Might be a real catastrophe if you clipped it!