JD 4040

/ JD 4040 #1  

chickenpimp

Tractor
5300,5425,5075e,4240,4040,T6.175
Having wiring issues with lights. Turn lights on and it kicks breaker out and will not start. Put new switch in and still nothing. Trying to find a wiring diagram on this. If anyone can help me with this I would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jk

/ JD 4040
I don't know yet. Just started on it this afternoon. Just got the tractor and previous owner unhooked wiring plug on right side floor board. I plugged it back up and front two outside lights burn, with light switch unplugged!

/ JD 4040 #4  
I don't know yet. Just started on it this afternoon. Just got the tractor and previous owner unhooked wiring plug on right side floor board. I plugged it back up and front two outside lights burn, with light switch unplugged!

I sent you a private message

/ JD 4040
I am new here. Where is the private message at? Lol

/ JD 4040 #7  
   / JD 4040 #8  
Click on your "name" or the senders name and the private message icon will show.

To view PM's one can also click on alerts outlined in blue.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    199.3 KB · Views: 95
   / JD 4040 #9  
Chickenpimp
Welcome to TBN.
There are 3 relays under dash by diff lock pedal that control rear work & warning lights. These relays are controlled by dimmer switch. My guess on your tractors light problem is worn wiring insulation(sheath)

/ JD 4040 #10  
Chickenpimp
Welcome to TBN.
There are 3 relays under dash by diff lock pedal that control rear work & warning lights. These relays are controlled by dimmer switch. My guess on your tractors light problem is worn wiring insulation(sheath)

That's very true! Older tractors unfortunately fall to this. I worked on a Agco Challenger MT645 couple yrs back that came from northern states. Was in a flood but tractor was fine. Yrs late this guys buys it and has it shipped down to Texas panhandle and starts having controller issues and erratic electrical stuff. I was a shop guy but had a truck to do field work when I worked for Caterpillar. Went out to see it. It had mud caked on top of everything. Insulation in every harness was falling off. You could blow on it with your own breath and it would fall off so I replaced everyharness in the field for him. That job sucked cause it was hot weather and muggy. But it fixed the issue