John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #1  

Brown Dog

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 5115M 5101E H260 5115M 540M all MFD
This happens worse when engine is warm.

Trans will NOT Pull. After several attempts it will take gear but then flash lights & quit pulling while moving.

Happens in Forward or Reverse with or w/o elc PTO engaged.

I've been told its the PR switch or low Hyd fluid pressure from a plugged filter or a bad relay.

My fuse / relay label on guard don't seem to match my twin 2x3" fuse boxes : anybody got pic or link ??
My manual book is no help :-(

Fluid is not low, seat switch has been by-passed. 300hrs on tractor.

Any help much appreciated :

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP
Takes gear every single time this am stone cold after setting all night.

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #3  
My guess is either a sensor that is failing when warm or your engagement pressure is low when oil is warm. Have you changed the filter and checked the sump screen? You really should have a dealer plug into it and see what codes are stored. That will point you in the right direction although changing filter and checking sump screen is a good first step.

I've bought a Hyd filter & going to change fluid & wash screen out ASAP

BTW my book says Filter #RE45864 which is a spin on filter but mine has a black plastic housing that looks like it takes a cartridge filter ??

Anybody have info on this ?

Last edited:
RE197065 is the Hyd Cartridge filter #
My book is wrong

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #6  
you can look up "parts" and #'s online through deere.com website. they give very basic diagram enough to identify part to give a part number. from there just google the part number. click up on images. and hopefully you will get a picture of given part.

I changed Hyd fluid, filter & cleaned sump strainer screen.

PowerReverser light & Neutral light still flashes & won't take gear.

After 2r3 Shifts to Neutral on PR Lever, it will take gear.

I also swapped all relays too, with no change.

I'm wondering IF theirs an elc solenoid that's intermittently failing to activate ?

Im not close to a JD dealer to get codes pulled :-(

I put a fuse in diagnostic port in fuse box & turned switch on.
Dash read 00 00 Idk if this means no codes or what.

Any ideas ? I didn't wanna use turn signal switch or any controls as I don't have any info on what to do.

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #9  
service/shop manual sounds like what you need. so you can identify your eletronic circuits, hydrualic circuits, and overall what codes mean.

most of the time service/shop manuals give exploded diagram views in much more detail than part diagram listed online. along with details of testing and checking stuff.

not a clue about your tractor, you might look up "meh" forget the term, you use a paper clip between 2 pins on the plug (if you have a plug to plug in a diagnostic equipment. ) and then read back check engine codes via check engine light blinking on the dash. but that is olden days for cars and trucks. not sure if it still applies and works for your tractor.

if you have disconnected battery for any reason, codes may have been cleared

My 5093E Neutral Red Light is flashing / alarming again & will not take F or R gears.

Sometimes it will take gear & move a few feet then quit pulling with the dreaded red light & Alarm.

I replaced the Trans Pressure Sensor & all fuses / connections are good.

I swapped relays in the fuse panels but can’t locate the neutral relay in center console.

Any Help or Ideas ?