2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #1  
Tractor
John Deere 2350 MFWD, John Deere 2355 MFWD, John Deere 420C with Braden winch
Hello
1st I want to say that this forum is a wealth of good info for us that want to try to better understand our tractors and do some/most of the repairs and maintenance ourselves. Applause to the members who try to help us and answer our questions.

I have owned a 2350 MFWD for about 20 years. The tractor has about 5100 hrs. It is an 8F and 4R ,no hi/lo, no reverser tractor. It has a 245 loader.
I just purchased a 2355 MFWD with 9300 hrs 8F and 4R, no hi/lo, no reverser with a 245 loader.
My question or query is that at idle in neutral the transmission/differential in the 2355 seems to be a bit more noisy/rumble than the tranny in the 2350. It sounds like my neighbor's Case/IH tractor of the same approx. HP/size. All the gears are quiet, shifts well, there was nothing in the trans oil when I changed it and ran it through a filter to look for anything out of the norm. Not even discolored. Its almost like the difference between angle cut gear and straight cut gear noise. I didn't know if maybe John Deere may have changed a tranny manufacturer between the 2350 and 2355 models. Anyway....it just has a little more of a rumble in it than the 2350 does and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject. It would be much less expensive to break it open now for bearings and seals than to replace hard parts down the road.
Second question...on both 245 loaders there is a hydraulic splitter on the right mast that is tied into the bucket roll lines. Why the bucket roll lines and not the lift lines too? Or why is it necessary to have it at all? Also a vent line exits this unit and returns into the transmission.

Thank you all for your valuable input.

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #2  
On the noise issue it often can go back to a low idle speed.

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #3  
Which type trans do each tractor have TSS or CST? Is loader with vent line on relief valve a self leveling style loader?

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #4  
On the noise issue it often can go back to a low idle speed.
Too slow engine idle speed was my first thought also. Another possibility is worn out damper springs in the clutch. Do the both have single stage or dual stage clutches? TxJim is correct on the loader. The 245 loader is self leveling. If bucket is rolled all the way back while raised, the relief valve pops off when lowering boom and oil is dumped back to transmission to allow bucket cylinders to extend when self level linkage bottoms out. Same thing happens if bucket is tilted all the way out with loader low and then boom is raised.

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD
Both tractors are TSS. The loader has mechanical leveling.

Well that makes it all clear now regarding the loader. I have come up against the extended or retracked roll cylinders before and can now see the need for the pressure relief. Thank you. I may have led you astray a little regarding the tranny but it is a little louder even when you are moving it around. I have not put it under any load yet but will soon. I was told by the previous owner that this tractor has a lot of PTO time as it was on a mixing wagon all its life. Tell me about the torsion damper please

Oh...they are both single stage clutches and independent pto

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #8  
. Tell me about the torsion damper please

Traction clutch hub is spring loaded IE torsion dampened to help absorb shock when changing directions or starting tractor to move. 2 of the 6 springs are outlined in blue.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 118
Well I changed out and tightened the damper coupling at the front of the engine that couples the hydraulic pump and that cured a lot of the noise. Sound harmonics can play tricks on our hearing sometime I guess.

/ 2350 MFWD and 2355 MFWD #10  
Which type trans do each tractor have TSS or CST? Is loader with vent line on relief valve a self leveling style loader?

Too slow engine idle speed was my first thought also. Another possibility is worn out damper springs in the clutch. Do the both have single stage or dual stage clutches? TxJim is correct on the loader. The 245 loader is self leveling. If bucket is rolled all the way back while raised, the relief valve pops off when lowering boom and oil is dumped back to transmission to allow bucket cylinders to extend when self level linkage bottoms out. Same thing happens if bucket is tilted all the way out with loader low and then boom is raised.

Agree, relief valve for self leveling loader, but my 640SL loader does not have one.