Hydraulic pipe

/ Hydraulic pipe #1  

Firefighter912

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5205 MWFD
My hydraulic pipe from the hydraulic pump to filter housing on my 2005 5205 MWFD is leaking.

I was helping a friend clean up some property he bought and I ran up on some trees while pushing and I noticed i started to lose hydraulic fluid.

I got off and noticed it was leaking at the pipe below the hydraulic filter.

I see no seal or anything..it looks like the pipe got pushed out some and the pipe is clamped down to prevent movement.

So Im assuming I need to loosen the clamp and push the pipe deeper into the filter housing to stop the leak. Is this correct?

Here are some photos.
2:LOL:827_15177_zpst8ctdh46.jpg Photo by ashkicker912 | Photobucket

/ Hydraulic pipe #2  
My hydraulic pipe from the hydraulic pump to filter housing on my 2005 5205 MWFD is leaking.

I was helping a friend clean up some property he bought and I ran up on some trees while pushing and I noticed i started to lose hydraulic fluid.

I got off and noticed it was leaking at the pipe below the hydraulic filter.

I see no seal or anything..it looks like the pipe got pushed out some and the pipe is clamped down to prevent movement.

So Im assuming I need to loosen the clamp and push the pipe deeper into the filter housing to stop the leak. Is this correct?

Here are some photos.
217827_15177_zpst8ctdh46.jpg Photo by ashkicker912 | Photobucket

Photobucket is the pits!

You Pic is less than desireable.

/ Hydraulic pipe #3  
Firefighter
Pic shows the sump line ? There is a seal shown where that pipe inserts.. so maybe you are correct and only pushing it in will work. I'd be concerned if that is so, that the seal may need replacing..

Attachments

• 5205_hyd_filter.jpg
    5205_hyd_filter.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 128
   / Hydraulic pipe
Firefighter
Pic shows the sump line ? There is a seal shown where that pipe inserts.. so maybe you are correct and only pushing it in will work. I'd be concerned if that is so, that the seal may need replacing..

How hard is it to replace? Ill try sliding that pipe in and see if it stops.

/ Hydraulic pipe #7  
The seal is Deere p/n U10289. But if you bent the pipe, there may not be enough to seal. I would get a new seal to get the very best chance at sealing.

/ Hydraulic pipe
The seal is Deere p/n U10289. But if you bent the pipe, there may not be enough to seal. I would get a new seal to get the very best chance at sealing.

Do i have to take filter housing off or just pull the whole pipe off and pull out seal?

/ Hydraulic pipe
It wants you to take a survey BEFORE you can see the pics...:(

oh didnt know that. I tried to copy the pic links but it kept getting an error message.

/ Hydraulic pipe #10  
Do i have to take filter housing off or just pull the whole pipe off and pull out seal?

I would think (admit I do not know for certain) that remove the pipe, clean, install new seal and replace pipe.

If me, I'd have the service tech manual to go by, or get a printed copy of that section from my Deere dealer.
May be more to it.